No announcement yet.

Some cats perhaps...........?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure, I've had her in the region of 7 years - and she was either a lost/dumped domestic, or an exceedingly friendly stray. Either way, we've had a happy life since (and I now love cats)!

We had blood tests done on Thursday before she passed away on Saturday morning, so will get the results of them anyway.
    Meet Jasmine.
    flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Our "Kitty" also adopted us. She/He showed up on our back door and announced that it was time to move in. Kitty was a young cat when "She" found us and lived a full life until succumbing to cancer (initially on the tongue). We always called "her" a "She" but the vet told us that it was a "He" that was fixed as a kitten or the goods never descended. We still called her "She" as the habit stuck. This is the first pet I’ve been primarily responsible for and it was a tough decision to put her down. I was even injecting subtrafenous fluids (or whatever the correct word is) into her neck trying to keep her hydrated at the end but I finally had to let her go and end her misery. I dread having to face euthanizing a pet again.

Are you considering a new pet Pace?
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Too bad they live such a short time.. it's almost as bad as having a kid you know won't live much past 18. You know that they are getting old for a cat/dog but still..

I don't want a big dog for this reason.. they don't live much longer than 7 or 8 years..

Comment

I will get another cat, but not immediately. I've just moved to a new flat in Glasgow, and had planned to give Jasmine the best possible care, but don't think it would be fair on a fit little soul to be couped up in a flat.

Jas had been living in an outbuilding at my parents house, and it meant that she wasn't getting a regular routine, and had plenty of obstacles - a staircase proving to be the most problematic. I wanted to have her indoors, in a stair-free environment. One of her many photos will grace a wall in the flat though!

Give it 5 years when I move into a house and I'll get 10 kittens if I can :-)

P.
          Meet Jasmine.
          flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
          X