No announcement yet.

Panoramas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

few new ones at my panorama gallery... this time 2 of them are manually stitched at Photoshop. "Late autumn evening at langinkoski bay" has gone thru major work to get of rid shadow noise and get curves / levels right. Still, it is best ones I have taken so far. (neither the another hand stitched, "Sun set at lake kuolimo", is bad at all... )

"Dippadai"

Comment

Beautiful colours! Absolutely stunning pictures! (Though the late autumn evening MIGHT be even better with the beach a little brighter, so more contours become visible)

You know, the more water I see, the more I regret not living near any water anymore I envy you!

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Is there any greater miracle than mother nature? I really really should get out more! I just viewed your other panoramas and I could cry about nature's beauty. Great pics!

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
          Beautiful colours! Absolutely stunning pictures! (Though the late autumn evening MIGHT be even better with the beach a little brighter, so more contours become visible)
          in front on that picture, there's no beach... it's conrete dock where I placed the camera. (then used timer to get steady shots and get the camera automation to use max time. sadly my digital camera does not have many manual settings... but I can ususalu live with that and overcome the problems way or other...)

az: thanks, though myself I don't keep myself as such a good photographer.
          "Dippadai"

Comment

Yes, I said beach, but I meant the coastline, I saw it was made of some kind of rocks. BTW, what's causing the fuzzinessin the lower left corner?

I think you're a good photographer! Your pictures touch me, which photos rarely do (though this of course also has to do with the fact that I LOVE water). And the fact that you do all these panos without manual mode makes it even more of an achievement.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
              BTW, what's causing the fuzzinessin the lower left corner?

well that Image consists about 4 or 5 actual photos. ( the whole pan was around 180 degrees and had around 10 shots. but I cropped it include only best parts. rest of the picture was too dark to get anything out of it.) and in the first one, that is visible on picture, the edge of dock is way too close that optics could make it as sharp. (but you can see that smoke pipe as well as the lights pretty sharp beyond the bay.)
              "Dippadai"

Comment

Wow - lovely shots Nappe
                DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

You should tried retouching your panorama with the latest Photoshop.

Two new functions under image adjustment:

match color : matches the color from another picture.
                  Shadow/Highlight : brighten dark areas the right way.

Done those modifications under one minute.

Attached Files

2400XP, aiw 9700, 512 mb ram

Comment

Originally posted by jeebee
                    You should tried retouching your panorama with the latest Photoshop.

Two new functions under image adjustment:

match color : matches the color from another picture.
                    Shadow/Highlight : brighten dark areas the right way.

Done those modifications under one minute.

well, I at last I had time to install Photoshop CS 8...

and well, there's one new handstitched version on gallery now with Shadow/Highlight used. I didn't use the match color but I made some corrections so that picture edges should not be too visible.

Nappe1's panorama gallery can be found here
                    "Dippadai"

Comment

bringing another shot from finland...

this time hand stitched in Photoshop CS and per channel noise reduction done in JPEG imager.

go to my panorama site: http://www.kyamk.fi/~ohj8laka/pics2/panoramas/
                      or take a look the picture directly:

hope you like it. IMO, it's technically one of my best ones, though as an photo it is not so good.
                      "Dippadai"

Comment

Great pictures!

Jörg
                        pixar
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

continuing with two new shots to panorama gallery...

and

"Dippadai"

Comment

Funny - you're a rare guest and yet you post the most beautiful pictures here

I like the "spring" one, don't like the small stream - I like the stream, but I think with a different perspective from a different point of view you could have captured it better - there are too many trees in the foreground and not enough of the stream visible for me, so I don't know what to look at. Still I'd very much like to live where you do

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
                              Funny - you're a rare guest and yet you post the most beautiful pictures here

I like the "spring" one, don't like the small stream - I like the stream, but I think with a different perspective from a different point of view you could have captured it better - there are too many trees in the foreground and not enough of the stream visible for me, so I don't know what to look at. Still I'd very much like to live where you do

AZ
                              thanks. I am actually pretty happy with that early spring shot of rapids and I admit that the perspective is a bit dummy in that small stream shot. The idea was also include the tree shadows casting in the snow. (makes pretty nice high contrast.)

did you see this one: http://www.kyamk.fi/~ohj8laka/pics2/...ke_kuolimo.jpg

It was added around a month ago. (it's shooted in mid January.) and in fact I can't say what I like in it, but it is somehow very nice. Maybe it's the way it describes finland during mid winter months... short days, cold, snow, ice and population density that makes it look like land of ice bears...
                              "Dippadai"

Comment

Oh yes I saw it. VERY beautiful. I love the colour contrast of the golden sunlit parts of the snow against the generally blue ambience (also present in the beautiful sky), the width of the landscape, clear winter air... everything

I think I need to go on vacation to finland sometime.

AZ

Comment

Working...
                                X