Need a new camera...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new camera...

My trusty Minolta DiMage F300 has just been flung down the stairs! It now rattles and fails to zoom The joys of parenthood!

I have a Sony HDR-SR8E camcorder which takes reasonable shots outside, but the flash is too garish for indoor shots and tends to over brighten subjects unless you move ~3m away. I have thought about buying an external flash, with this one being the only option from Sony.

I dont want to spend too much but, I do need to be able to take decent 'family' photos, predominantly indoors. I'd want to spend not much more than £200.

Should i persist with the camcorder, or would you recommend a compact alternative?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Firstly tell Andrea to be more careful in future

Second, if you want 'good' stills then get a still camera. There's been a couple of threads on here lately. The Fuji F50fd looks good. My Dad just got the Fuji 5700 which is a nice size and has 10x optical zoom, 7MP and IS, but I'm not really impressed with the image quality. Check the reviews as I think it is just his. And it is only ~£110.
    FT.

Comment

Thanks mate.

I've looked at the F50FD. Great looking camera, but I am concerned that the high resolution will create lots of noise in low light indoor shots - which is when i will be using it. Perhaps this is overcome by the flash?
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Check this recent thread
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
        X