Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Thank you for ordering and payment, your camera is being shipped..."

and no, it's not Full Frame Digital.
    First to know what is it, gets fame and glory. first hint comes tomorrow morning.
    "Dippadai"

you look like a Sigma DP1 user.

mfg
    wulfman
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Wulfman: not quite...

so here's first hint:
      - this SLR Camera is second body to SLR system which was released in 1963. It's very unique design makes possible using flash syncronized with all available shutter speeds. (from bulb to 1/500s)
      "Dippadai"

Comment

So it's a Nikon. I thought it would be an Oly.
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Az: No, not Nikon...

2nd hint:
          - Camera model was launched 1966 and one of it's very unique features was that It had TTL meter, which indicator was shown in VF. Real difference was that the indicator featured numbered scale (0-7) instead of real apertures in lens barrel.
          Last edited by Nappe1; 1 March 2008, 12:23.
          "Dippadai"

Comment

Minolta?
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Originally posted by az View Post
              Minolta?
              still miss...
              3rd hint:
              - Camera uses normal 135 (35mm) roll film, but the frame aspect ratio is 3/4. Standard lens has 43mm filter thread.
              "Dippadai"

Comment

Yashica?

Diplomacy, it's a way of saying “nice doggie”, until you find a rock!

Comment

Originally posted by ND66 View Post
                  Yashica?

Nope, still looking the right answer.
                  4th hint:
                  - Camera is Half Frame, so it takes 72 shots to 36 frame film.

Now this is getting too easy....
                  "Dippadai"

Comment

lol, Wulfman: did you removed your post already?
                    I got info to my email about your post, but somehow it does not show in here.
                    "Dippadai"

Comment

olympus pen F*...

grats.

just - why?

mfg
                      wulfman

PS.: lets say there was an accident.
                      Last edited by Wulfman; 2 March 2008, 14:35.
                      "Lobsters?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfman View Post
                        olympus pen F*...

grats.

just - why?

mfg
                        wulfman
                        In fact, Pen F would be the that first body in system and this is the second one: Pen FT.

and AZ did mention Olympus, but he thought it not being Olympus (as obiously Oly did not have 35mm full frame SLR in the 60's.) but I never said that.

why?? well, I am becoming some sort of collector... I had already OM-1 and I have once seen Pen F. It is marvelous looking camera and after seeing one, I have had this idea of some day getting one. It certainly has lots of unique features and as I have Nikon Coolscan V (plus 5 rolls of film, including Velvia 50), there's no reason why I could not buy one. I do shot to film with that OM-1 still as well.

I did find this one from Adorama (with 38mm F1.8 Zuiko lens), so thanks to low dollar, it was not really expensive. (compared what these collector items cost here, it was a dirt cheap. after I get it checked / fixed if needed, the total expenses are still less than a half what good unit costs here.)
                        "Dippadai"

Comment

Originally posted by Nappe1 View Post
                          In fact, Pen F would be the that first body in system and this is the second one: Pen FT.
                          yeah, was not sure which one you meant, FT or FV, so F*.

just make sure that you have a nice supply of film, safely stored.

mfg
                          wulfman
                          "Lobsters?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfman View Post
                            yeah, was not sure which one you meant, FT or FV, so F*.

just make sure that you have a nice supply of film, safely stored.

mfg
                            wulfman

No problem with that... Film makers might be shutting down some mainstream emulsions, but pro stuff is a live and well. Fuji bring back Velvia 50 after 3 years it not being made and then there's Sensia if you want to get slides cheaper... for negatives, Kodak and Fuji are still doing some great emulsions and of course, for black and white IlFord is still very popular.

and for storing them, I have fridge divided already: food and Film sections.

development and film costs aren't really that high nowadays... and as I shot also digital, film is just extra when you have more time. (but I must admit, shooting film is mostly more rewarding than shooting digital, as in my case film shot with totally manual cameras, while in digital, I use AF, A-mode and compensation when needed. It's much faster but it also feels like you really aren't affecting things so much...)

in any case, I pick up the gear, depending what and in which circumstances I am going to shoot, so amount of different choices is always good.
                            "Dippadai"

Comment

Working...
                            X