Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaroids?

Grüzi,

this is kind of a combined "need info" & "looking for"-posting. I recently got a bunch of 664 polaroid bw films, and am now looking for a camera to use them with.
    would prefer something "old school" to keep the look consistent. does anyone have any hands-on experience with the old polaroid cameras? I had a look at http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landdcam-pack.htm but am not really sure what to look for...

anyone have anything like that on the attic and wants to get rid of it?

thanks,
    wulfman
    Last edited by Wulfman; 8 March 2009, 06:10.
    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
    "Lobsters?"
    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Sorry, not any more. I used to use them a lot at work before digital cameras.

I do think we used to keep the films in a fridge, having regard to shelf life. They were in sealed foil packets. Are you sure your films are still good?

Cheers,

Tony.
    FT.

Comment

pretty sure. they were stored cool & dry and should expire at some point later this year, so my hopes are up. suitable cameras go for less than 30€ on ebay, so the investment is not that big... and apparently they still produce films in mexico.

mfg
      wulfman
      "Lobsters?"

Comment

...for starters, a cheap Polaroid ProPack is on its way.

advantages: electronic flash, regular AA batteries
        disadvantages: plastic lens ( ) & housing.

might do for a few first pictures, hope to secure something more original a bit later.

mfg
        wulfman
        "Lobsters?"

Comment

awesome system. I was really born too late...

ladies and gentleman, a crappy scan of my first ever polaroid pic:

mfg
          wulfman
          Last edited by Wulfman; 26 March 2009, 18:49.
          "Lobsters?"

Comment

...and now a 360 & 450 arrived, both complete in their leather boxes, with self timer, electronic and flashcube-flash, self timer and a close-up kit. awesome. took them to lisboa last weekend, hope to get some pictures back from paris next week....

and yes, both of the 40-year old cameras make taking pictures easier than the propack. easier to focus, and for some reason sharper. probably the lens...

(still propack)

mfg
            wulfman
            "Lobsters?"

Comment

Many say the main reason polaroid anything is still around is the huge art scene interest. There are tons of stuff you can do with the film with transfers and such. I know a high school teacher that stockpiles them whenever he comes across one in a pawnshop/thift stores for class projects. Sadly finding film is going to be getting harder.
              Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

a few more - who can guess where I was? different countries...

mfg
                wulfman
                "Lobsters?"

Comment

Bospor - Istanbul

and Paris

Comment

Working...
                  X