No announcement yet.

Need CD-R/W Drive Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes TEAC is IMO the best low-cost alternative. The W512E e.g. is reliable, can do DAO Raw, it's fast (esp. fast access-times about 80ms, I think), has a big Cache (4MB), and the best thing: it's equipped with burn-proof.

I got myself one of these since the Plextor was too pricey for me.
    My old (and still working nicely) SCSI Plextor CDRW (PX-4220) went into my Amiga.
    But we named the *dog* Indiana...
    My System
    2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
    German ATI-forum

Comment

If you want the best all-around drive available, get Plextor. You can copy even the newest copy protected discs - but you'll only be able to play them in the Plextor. *shrug*

If you want to be able to make perfect copies of protected CD's, then you will be stuck with a philips-based drive. All around pretty crappy but it cuts SD2 and other protections that Plextor can't.

But my info might be outdated by a month or two. Go to http://welcome.to/cloneclinic and ask over there.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
        ... but you'll only be able to play them in the Plextor. *shrug*
        Not a problem since most people own the Plextor ... myself now included .
        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
        X