Icon Problem in Windows 98

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Problem in Windows 98

I need some help on this one guys...my old man reinstalled his PC with Win98SE and was putting in his HP printer Drivers and by accident he opened up the file first before putting it into a file on the hard drive. Now when you go into My computer and Click on the C drive...it comes up with a box trying to look for an .exe file and the C drive icon is now an HP icon.

Thanks

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

by accident he opened up the file first before putting it into a file on the hard drive
    What do you mean with that? If you just installed then format -> reinstall
    My system:
    | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
    homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

no he did a full reinstallation of win98SE and was in the process of installing the drivers for his printer. I'm assuming that he downloaded Drivers for it and ran them off the CDROM he burned for them. After this happend he read the readme file that came with it and told him that the program had to be copied to the Hard Drive first before opening....thus he has these problems now....

Scott
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Tweak UI has a bunch of repair functions that restore icons, etc to the default settings. You have to reconfigure anything you customized, but worth a shot as a last ditch try.
        Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
        Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
        X