Wuxga, Uxga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wuxga, Uxga

can someone tell me if the g400 max supports these two modes? i am considering puchasing the samsung 210T LCD display.

here is an excerpt from the owners manual...

8. Recommended resolution of SyncMaster240T is WUXGA, 1920 x 1200 @ 60HZ.

NOTE: Although the monitor is designed to be compatible with wide variety of popular video adaptors, it is WUXGA, 1920x1200 mode, that needs special care. Since there is no industry standard for WUXGA mode, video adaptor manufacturers are using several different configurations that cause the monitor false video mode interpretation. If the screen image is quality is poor when you are using either UXGA or WUXGA mode, please check the followings.

1. UXGA mode identified as WUXGA mode–Touch the “MENU” button, and then select “Hz”, information, icon.–Read the information and make sure that the video mode says “1600x1200”–If no resolution is appeared, then the monitor is in WUXGA mode.

2. WUXGA node identified as UXGA mode–Touch the “MENU” button, and the select “HZ”, information, icon.–Read the information and make sure that the video mode says only “H_Sync... V_Sync...” without mentioning resolution.–If you read 1600x1200, then the monitor is in UXGA mode.

the ownwers manual for the 210T and the 240T are the same. any info is appreciated.

thanks

cc

1920x1200 res is a 16:10 aspect ratio... which is the same as what the Sony FW900 24" Trinitron screen.

Both ALBPM and KvH have these monitors and either have or still do run them with their G400 at this setting.

Finding a suitable graphics card is slightly problematic. Many modern cards have fast (over 350MHz) RAMDACs capable of
    handling the recommended 1,900 by 1,200 resolution and
    maintaining a high refresh rate and colour depth. If you intend
    to drive a large monitor, ensure that your graphics card is up
    to the job and has a RAMDAC capable of producing a low-noise
    signal at high resolutions. The FW900 represents the high-end
    of PC monitors, so its price starts to look reasonable when
    compared to the LCD competition, such as Samsung's 24in.
    SyncMaster 240T
    ie the G400 and new cards from Matrox will support either of these monitors you're refering to.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Great News!!!

Thanks Greebe

cc

Comment

Proud Owner of Samsung 210T !!!

I ordered it yesterday...i should have it in about 2 weeks !!!!

OUCH...4000 dollars!!!!!

cc

Comment

Wuxga, Uxga

Wuxga, Uxga......

"What the **** is that strange laungage???"

Was my first thought....

"Is IBM proclaiming a new dead end monitor name for a already achived resolution"

Was my second thought....

Then I clicked and everything became clear!
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

i'm still not to clear on what it means but i'm dying to get my hands on this monitor. it will compliment the 17" samsung 770tft that is on the second head of my g400 max quite nicely(..i hope!). right now i have a 21" panasonic as the primary display.

cc

Comment

Working...
            X