No announcement yet.

Intel Application Accelerator! (d/load)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Application Accelerator! (d/load)

The Intel Application Accelerator is a new performance software package for Intel desktop PCs. Intel Application Accelerator also provides:

Faster Boot Time via Accelerated Operating System Load Time
    Accelerated Disk I/O for Games, Graphics Applications, Disk Utilities, & Media Authoring Applications
    Performance-enhancing Data Pre-fetcher for Intel Pentium 4 processor-based systems
    Support for 137GB & larger hard drives

Further Information & Download at Intel Only for those with an Intel processor & Support Intel based Motherboard.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Unfortunatly I do not have a compatible chipset at home so if anyone could test the boot time improvment and post it here I would apreciate it.

EDIT here are intels results:

Last edited by Guru; 12 September 2001, 15:01.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Doesn't concern me. I've got a pure SCSI system.
      <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

My Cumine is using the bx chipset still free performence boosts are always wellcome!

Comment

Been running a D845VH mobo from Intel for the last 2 days.

No hassles so far.

Before you install this app, maybe have a look at this:
          ftp://download.intel.com/support/chi...iaa_compat.pdf
          or you could end up with all sorts of unexplained BSODs and Adaptec ECDC402 having a fit as well (why you still running that if 405 is available?).

The "performance enhancement" ,as far as I can figure out, is some sort of replacement for the downloadable ATA driver.

I had the ATA driver installed and running before installing the "performance enhancer", and the only difference I could see after installation of it was the namechange of the ATA driver (used to be "companion") - functionality wise it seems to be the same thing.

Performance enhanced? - does not look like it, no.

Raises a question about the co-existence of the ATA and Performance Enhancer on the same machine though - is the order of installation important? - should they both be installed?

Have not been able to get any more info on the details/interaction - if somebody knows, can you post a link please?.

Lawrence
          ------------
          Intel D845HV mobo,bios 01,INF 310.1009, ATA610.011, P4-1.7G, 640M SD133,
          ACPI W2KPro+SP2,Mplayer6.4,IE5.5+SP2,DirectX8.0a + the 2 video patches,
          450 eTV 16M AGP running 4x AGP,HP12n CDRW.
          Boot/progs : Dedicated 20G WD200BB
          Capture : Dedicated Raid 0, Iwill Sideraid 100 (Highpoint370) with 2 40G WD400BB's
          Swapfile 600M fixed : Dedicated 20G WD200BB
          Stock standard onboard audio (Soundmax) - All in PALi.
          Last edited by LvR; 12 September 2001, 20:50.
          Lawrence

Comment

not for BX chipsets, or any chipset that doesnt support UltraDMA/66 or faster.
            AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

By the looks of the graf its a UDMA driv er that puts a little more load on the cpu and memmory to boost IO operations...

Intels original BMA drivers did this also....

Thats why they where faster than win98B standard BMA drivers.

I can guarantee that via or amd or ali or sis can make a propretary software that has the same effect on respective chipsets...

BTW:

Promise claimes much the same when you install their software...
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
              X