Primary display - TFT or CRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary display - TFT or CRT

The last two weeks I've been moving house, the only monitor I could bring here was my tft (I was moving by backpack and wheel luggage) After using the tft as my primary display for two weeks I now prefer it as my primary display - its pretty good for movies too.

So which would you prefer as your primary display TFT or CRT?

Dan
    TFT
    0%
    CRT
    0%
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

I am watching with interest the development of TFT screens.
    I fact I almost bought an Iiyama 17.4" panel a month or so ago, but with prices still dropping I decided to wait.
    My only fear was how well games and other fast moving graphics pan out on a TFT.
    However after seeing a Samsung using a DVI connection to a GF2 I was pleased to see that the response rate of the pixels was more than enough to cope with games.
    PC Pro magazine this month has a round up of 15" TFT's and they give two of the models a '2' in gaming (distinction).
    For that reason I shall probably now wait until the end of the year before I go TFT, mainly because I know prices are going to continue to drop over the next few months.
    It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
    Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I have just ordered a fairly cheap 15" TFT.. I'm thinking about it as a secondary display. Had to get one since I don't have room for another CRT monitor..
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
      X