Any recommendations for a Good computer case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any recommendations for a Good computer case

Does anyone have a good quality computer case that they can recommend. I am not after anything too large but most importantly it must be quiet (when asleep) and of a good design. Cost is important so nothing much beyond £70.

regards Michael
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

If you want quiet & quality, then you're looking at a power supply from PC Power & Cooling (www.pcpowerandcooling.com). Their Silencer model is top-notch. I don't own one myself, but those that I do know that have one can't believe how quiet it is.

Cases: I have a YCC-802 and really like it, but the front grill isn't the quietest for airflow. Others seem to like these new-fangled Lian-Li cases. Get other opinions.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Whoops, missed the price part. PCP&C will set you back.

Also, try looking at www.a-pro.com. They're overpriced, but they have a good selection, and web site. Use it to browse, then find your model elsewhere.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hello Wombat
        I am looking at a review of the YCC-802 at the moment. Not only that but it falls within my price range.
        The Lian Li cases look superb but they are probably too pricey for me.

regards MD
        Interests include:
        Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Lian LI cases normally run $200+ USD
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The 802 case is the one that was later chosen for the "Cyclone" cases that were all the rage for a while:

They just cut an extra hole or two in the side and add fans.

Comment

Hi:

For cases:
              1) Addtronics
              Technologies to Advance Human Health & Productivity Addtronics is a consolidator of high-quality, niche automation technology and solution providers innovating for the life sciences and other industries Our Platforms We operate in three primary verticals. Laboratory Automation Solutions for automating laboratories, including drug discovery, chemistry, and diagnostics. Laboratory automation for sample preparation and drug discovery […]

Full Tower 6890A
              The one I use....excellent in all aspects.

2) ElanVital (subsidiary of Asus)
              新世界學習科技新技能

Mid Tower T10 AB
              Well engineered smaller case.

For PSUs:
              1) SPI Sparkle
              Sparkle Power specializes in research & development, design and manufacturing for ac dc power supply in ITE, cloud & server, industry and more applications.

Probably still the best after many years

2) Enermax

Very good.

Happy trails,
              WinXP HE SP1& DX9b; Lian-Li PC-6089 mid alum case; Enermax 550W PSU; P4 2.8b retail; Asus P4T533-C s478/i850e; 1GB PC1066 RIMMs; Promise Ultra133 IDE PCI controller; 2x80GB Maxtor D740x 7200RPM ATA-133 HDDs; OrangeLink FireWire 800/1394b PCI card:
              1x250GB Maxtor One Touch USB2/fw external Ultra ATA-133 7200RPM HDD; Toshiba 16x/48x DVD-ROM; Plextor PX-708A 8xDVD?R/RW CD-R/RW burner; Radeon 9800 XT retail; DVI: Samsung SyncMaster 213L 21.3" TFT; VGA: ViewSonic 22? P225f; TV OUT S-Video: Sony 36? WEGA XBR400 NTSC; TerraTec DMX 6fire LT sound card to Denon 3802 7x110W based HT; on-board LAN to Alcatel ADSL modem; Canon S750 USB printer; Canon D125O USB2 scanner; Logitech diNovo Media Desktop (Bluetooth cordless keyboard/MX900 optical mouse); Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless USB Joystick; Logitech WingMan Strike Force 3D USB joystick; Logitech 2.4GHz Cordless Gamepad/Rumblepad.

Comment

AOpen HQ-45!!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I got a Lian Li PC68 Case and a 350watt Enermax PS from NICX.com for $222 shipped

Scott
                  Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Some suggestions :-

AOpen HQ45 with 300w PSU £ 50.52 from TekHeads
                    Addtronics 6890A without PSU £ 84.60 from The Overclocking Store
                    Lian Li PC-2 without PSU £ 88.12 from The Overclocking Store
                    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I just recently bought a nice new case from Microdirect. It's an RBC case, which i must admit I've never heard off though.
                      As quiteness goes it's OK not great, but its great if you're constantly hacking away inside the computer (like me ). Because of it's screwless assembley CD drives etc can be taken out in literally seconds as well as the motherboard as it only has two screws holding it down along with sliding bolts on the other contact points.
                      I love it anyway. Plus it comes with a Mackron 400 watt PSU which seems pretty reliable( alhtough only time will tell) and a front USB connector. Anyways here's a direct link.

60 Quid BTW.
                      Last edited by bacon; 1 October 2001, 15:36.

Comment

Originally posted by bacon
                        I just recently bought a nice new case from Microdirect. .....
                        60 Quid BTW.
                        I cant vouch for the case, but I've dealt with Microdirect a few times in the past and will vouch for the company.
                        Prices are usually as cheap as you'll find anywhere else, and they dealt with a faulty Scsi HDD I purchased from them with no arguments.

Personally I have a Globalwin 802 with 300w Macron PSU, purchased from Overclockers UK which I'm very happy with.
                        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
                        X