No announcement yet.

CloneCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Such is life. I saw there were some SafeDisc Emulators and Executable UnWrappers but I hadn't looked into them. I haven't had any need to boot Win98 after switching to W2K except to do some testing. I certainly can boot Win98 to game if that's a solution but I'd rather go ahead and do my regular background processing which I do in W2K and play a game in the foreground. The games don't require CD changes very often.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
      Bah, CD copying amateurs. Scanners don't work!

The only real answer is Silly Putty. You get all the pits that way. And if you're really careful, you can stretch your CD copy into a LaserDisc. I watch all my DivX movies that way now
      I hate you pirating scums. The only way it should be done is by hand. Take a blank CD and a really sharp awl and chip away the bits yourself! Otherwise you are just breaking copyright laws.
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Copy protection schemes are a waste of time and resources, The real pirates always finds a way around them.

And for the persone who actualy buys a original they can be a living hell!

just ask the guys and gals at Blizzard who had to patch their game two or three times because a lot of CD drives choked on the copy protections on originals...
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Most new copy protection schemes break a lot of burners. Most people who use SafeDisc are forced to release a "patch" that removes it.

I've seen that happen a dozen times in the past few years, because people go apeshit when tech. support tells them to buy a new CD drive!

Go figure.

And you could always just take the low road, and download the "remove cd check" patch from http://www.gamecopyworld.com if you want.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

I`ve just tried to copy a `COPY CONTROLLED`audio-CD ("dwele - subject", Virgin Rcds America, Inc. #7243 5 83143 2 8).
            It worked fine with Clone CD Vers.4.2.0.2. (Virtual CloneDrive installed!!)
            How?
            Make a image-file of the copyprotected CD and load it into the virtual CloneDrive. You`ll see that all the crappy player.exe and f****ng folders are gone and WindozeExplorer displays only the .cda files.

You can also extract the track you want from the Virtual CloneDrive very easily with ExactAudioCopy(vv.95prebeta3). Just select ELBY DVD-ROM (Virtual CloneDrive) with the CD-image loaded. Pick the tracks you want and let EAC extract it to .WAV or .mp3 .

I`ll try this later with another copyprotected audio-CD (donĀ“t have much of them ).
            Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

Here are instructions to how to back up pretty much every game out there, including patches needed to play the backup
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

yah, i know that site

but in this case (copyprotected audio CD) i didn`t need any patches.
                Work-Box:P4C3.0GHz; DFI LAN Party875Pro, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC3500 DDRAM, ==>>PARHELIA 128+ZALMAN HEATPIPE MOD<<==, 2 x WD360 Raptor 36Gig RAID 0, MAXTOR 6Y080L0 80Gig, Plextor PX-W4824A, Toshiba SD-M1612, 2x BenQ FP767 17"TFT

MEDIA-BOX:P4C3,2GHz; ASUS P4P800 Deluxe, GeiL Golden Dragon 512MB PC4000 DDRAM, Radeon9800XT, 2xHitachi HDS722512-VLSA80; RAID0, Plextor PX-116A, PX-708A, Plextor Premium/T3B

Comment

Working...
                X