Video Card 2d/3d quality using DVI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card 2d/3d quality using DVI?

A digital output from an nVidia card in comparison to a Matrox card should be the same, correct?

System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Comment

No. Whatever is in the frame buffer is still going to be up to the video card. But the variance in quality shouldn't vary too much from card to card like they do with Analog outputs.

Rags

Comment

i too had this question...

now that i have two flat panel displays that have dvi connectors, i was thinking about purchasing the matrox g550 dual dvi. my primary display is a samsung 210T(21.3"...very nice!) and my second display is a samsung 770TFT(17"). my g400 max does real well under win2k with this setup but can only utilize them in analog mode.

are there any caveats with the g550 and dual dvi setups? i don't really do any 3D gaming anymore just some cad work for my employer once in a while and normal window usage(surfing, financial assets tracking, etc).

cc

Comment

i went and purchased the g550 today. it turns out that the connector that i thought was a dvi on the 770 tft is actually a 13w3 port for a sun workstation. dual dvi is out...i will have the 210T hooked up digital and the 770 tft will be analog

i guess i'll be retiring my trusty g400 max(..early version of the adapter at that)...did i make a mistake...i hope not!

cc

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
              No. Whatever is in the frame buffer is still going to be up to the video card. But the variance in quality shouldn't vary too much from card to card like they do with Analog outputs.

Rags
              Couple questions:

1. Have you noticed differences in color saturation on analog vs digital screens?
              2. You capitalize analog -- by any chance do you like analog better than digital?

Comment

Originally posted by orangejulius

Couple questions:

1. Have you noticed differences in color saturation on analog vs digital screens?
                2. You capitalize analog -- by any chance do you like analog better than digital?
                1. Yes. The DVI panel I use at work (VS) is of a rich color saturation almost to the point of Television type bleeding. The card is an ATI in the machine, I put in my G550 for shits and grins and the display is much more balanced, but the overall impression between the two is still fairly small.

2. I like CRTs.

Rags

Comment

Thanks, Rags.

Comment

Working...
                  X