Another XP thread, who cares right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another XP thread, who cares right?

Every OS I upgrade to I get more and more disappointed. And plus I can't get my internet, scanner, cd-rw and who knows what other program to work in XP.

I hate the look and feel and all the other "User Friendly" crap they put in there.

I'm not here to trash MS because we already know they suck more than any cheap whore out there.

This is just my first impression of XP, I need to get WinME back on, make backups and re-format.

Give me a few weeks and then I'll get used to it and maybe even like the stupid looking OS.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Re: Another XP thread, who cares right?

Originally posted by ZokesPro
    Every OS I upgrade to I get more and more disappointed
    You were disappointed with w2k??
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

You mean you didn't back up before you installed?
      If you don't like the look you can always go back to the win2k look.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I wasn't too disappointed with W2K, I didn't like the 512byte cluster size when in NTFS because my HD slowed to a crawl. And most of my favorite games didn't work, besides that it was pretty good, which is why I'm swithing to XP.

I did make my backups, so for that I'm good and happy.

As for the look, once I get it re-setup again I will definetly change the Fisher Price look to something like W2K or anything cool looking. The look itself is enough to get me to go back to WinME, but my best friend is running it and he says that it's better than anything else he's seen. I'll take his word on it, since we do have similar tastes, but I really need to drop that butt ugly (fulgy if you wish) child like, crappy mofoin' Fisher Price interface. (sorry but MS really spent too much money screwing this one up) I say keep it simple yet stable and performant. Deep down we don't care about the look (since we can change it to anything we want anyways) just fix your previous issues!

Anyways, now I figured out how to get my internet and cd-rw to work, but the scanner remains a mystery. I haven't experimented with any drivers yet so that one I cannot comment on.

I was just really pissed becaused I couldn't work on my computer because I had to go to work. I won't be able to work on it tonight either. But it's all good because I get to spend time with some good friends.

All in all, XP is looking better than any MS OS so far.

P.S: RedHat 7.1 kicks ass!!! I tried it and I'm impressed!
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Get real hardware.

I have yet to discover ANY but the MOST recent of hardware that doesn't work with WinXP.

Scanner? Built-in support if it's SCSI or USB (although it must ENUMERATE itself as a scanner, which counts out anything with a weird name).

Internet? Built-in PPPoE.

CD-RW? Erm, the built-in support is crap. But you knew that, right? Just install ASPI and your favorite burning proggy. Roxio is lagging (AS USUAL) in their support for EZ Coaster Creator, but that never worked in Win2k anyhow.

Windows ME? The retarded love child of Ricki Lake and the Prince of Darkness himself. Save yourself the heartache, and get Win98.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
          If only life were as easy as you
          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
          If only life were as easy as you
          I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
          X