Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Creative just pulled every sblive driver from their sites....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative just pulled every sblive driver from their sites....

My coworker has just reinstalled ME (no coment) and was trying to d/l Liveware3 for ME.

No luck!

It's gone!

Not even the standalone drivers are available anymore !

Creative just rambles something about it being waste of bandwite to have it downloadable and wants us to pay for having a CD sent to us.

And I damn know that it will be ages before it will be awailable to sweden.

If they are going to take the drivers away, then why can't they wait untill they have the *new and improved* way of getting their damn drivers finished.

anyway,

Does anyone know where you can download Liweware 3 for Me?

other than creatives site?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

can WinME use the same drivers that Win98 does? If It can I'll see if I can get it sent over to you or something

Scott
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Certified SB Live drivers are available
      via WindowsUpdate.

(At least they are for Win2K/XP. Not sure about ME.)

Comment

Thanks!

But 98' drivers unfortunatly does not work....

Scourrging around the "coasters" and finds a live player disc!!!

but NO!!!

no ME drivers on that either......

Have to check at work....

BTW:

Doesnet creatives behaviours stinks?
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

That's why I don't use creative soundcards anymore.
          Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
          Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
          Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

That really SUCKS! I'm not affected since I run XP, but thats giving way too many consumers the shaft. God knows how old the driver they include on the CD is. Having to pay just to get an updated driver is just plain WRONG. Damn fools. Wonder if they'll make Audigy users do the same?

Bart
            Bart

Comment

Allthough i'm using XP now .... oh yeah !
              I still have the Liveware 3 Drivers for Win ME ....

I would be more than happy to ICQ'em to you ! I can see your ICQ number in your profile so if you want them .... contact me on ICQ no. 111955737 ... LostIT being my ICQ username !

It's 23.5 MB
              Last edited by Kosh Naranek; 6 November 2001, 15:15.
              Fear, Makes Wise Men Foolish !
              incentivize transparent paradigms

Comment

having just installed my new audigy, and downloaded new drivers for win2k, I think that answers your question for now, (i admit I didn't try for win98...

Colin
                You wanna piece of me? here, *crunch*, o.k. not _that_ bit.

Comment

I just downloaded drivers for my PCI512 from Creative. They finally updated (the first time in a LONG while)

Comment

Thanks Kosh!

My coworker has goten it to work,

He found that he had W98/me standalone drivers and they seems to work.

About Creatives new policy....

seems that updates will be downloadable but they'l need the original cd you got with the card and have drivers and/or software already installed...

for one of my live cards, the cd dont have anything else than W95 and NT4 drivers.

Then how will that work if I have to uppdate already installed drivers/software...

(NT4 drivers on XP??? YUCK!)

Comment

The "driver update" package almost always works on a clean install as well.

- Gurm
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                      If only life were as easy as you
                      I would still get screwed

Comment

Try this link http://www.mbnet.fi/ajuriapaja/valmi...sp?Type=4&OS=2
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Working...
                        X