No announcement yet.

FTP Server Software? Permissions Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Server Software? Permissions Issue?

I'm using (or should I say misusing) Meteor FTP, and it's giving me a lot of problems -- probably due to my ignorance. Let me start out with saying I have only the slightest clue of what I'm talking about. Here goes:

I set the software up, and the person uploading files to my server can't see the files once he's uploaded them. He also can't access the directories on the hard drive. I managed to duplicate this. You can see the directories, but you can't access them. Instead you get a messages claiming they don't exist. In fact, he actually created a directory, but couldn't access it.

So he has full write privileges, but limited read privileges. I've checked my settings in Windows 98se, and they seem to be fine. I have a feeling I'm missing something, however. He claims the directory listing is not working and believes it is a permissions issue. Any ideas?

Also, if anyone knows of an FTP server program they like better than Meteor, I'd like to hear about it. A link would be appreciated as well.

Paul
    paulcs@speakeasy.net

PIII 800
    386 MB RAM
    Asus P2B-F
    Matrox G400 Max
    Windows 98se

Good FTP program!

Another one I have had good luck with:

Rags

Comment

Thanks!