Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cannot shut down properly anymore ?!?! Any help ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot shut down properly anymore ?!?! Any help ???

I got a strange problem lately, well around the time i got my radeon 8500 , but not sure.

Everytime i shut down i get a blue screen saying that theres an exception at 0028:30d12 in vxd and that the call came from 0028:c002f285.
    Well, I don't really know what that means exactly, but maybe someone does.
    Btw this is on a Win Me... clean install. This happen right after the installation BEFORE any vid card drivers (cept the standard VGA), DirectX and VIA drivers are loaded. I tried to remove all the hardware (cept vid card) and try with all my stick of memory alone. Always the same.

The funny thing is that in safe mode I can shut down. So prolly its a driver/hardware conflict. I never had that when i had a gf3 before, but im not sure it appeared right away when i got my radeon, in fact im pretty sure it was OK (i would have noticed it with new hardware).

Any help ?

jackzod

WD 20 GIG ata100 and WD 15 GIG ata66
    Radeon 8500 retail (out the gf3..)
    Audigy X-Gamer
    ATI TV wonder (PCI)+ loads of other crap
    Athlon64 4800+
    Asus A8N deluxe
    2 gig munchkin ddr 500
    eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
    X-Fi Fatality
    HP w2207

What exception? Which VXD?
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

384mb should be fine. Looks like the culprit has been spotted already when thay say it's around the time they installed the radeon.
      Check whats running before you shut down and shut each program off until you see which one is causing it.
      Does bsod identify the vxd ??
      You can also try searching the web with the error message.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

thanks for the help

The BSOD didn't tell at all which vxd it is exception... it only says in vxd, which leave a pretty large base to work with..

But it telling me the exception is 0E, whatever that means.
        Last edited by jackzod; 4 January 2002, 14:44.
        Athlon64 4800+
        Asus A8N deluxe
        2 gig munchkin ddr 500
        eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
        X-Fi Fatality
        HP w2207

Comment

Check the MSFT knowledgebase on how to diagnose shut down problems. They'll ask you to disable your startups and reenable them one by one after each successful shutdown. There's a number of other steps they'll ask you to perform.
          <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Well finally I got back to win98 SE and everything runs fine

Dunno what happened exactly, prolly I'll do another install of WinME later with backup option.

Thanks anyway to all

jackzod
            Athlon64 4800+
            Asus A8N deluxe
            2 gig munchkin ddr 500
            eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
            X-Fi Fatality
            HP w2207

Comment

Working...
            X