No announcement yet.

Digital Still cams - CCD quality poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't knock crank power VJ ... they now have a lightweight crankset available to recharge your cell phone.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I had this camera setup on a .4 - 1.0X scope for taking die pictures in the last FAB I worked at. It had a Peltier cooling the CCD.

Paul
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

I used to use LN2 for dewar mounted IR detector to get very high D*. Very effective, but not very portable!
        FT.

Comment

xortam:
          You're right, haven't seen the cell-phone chargers yet, but such transistorradios are easy to find...

(Rats, there goes my joke... Guess that blimp thingy is hard to beat...)

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I've seen the crank powered radios and flashlights for a number of years and have been tempted to buy them to have on hand for emergencies. I've resisted so far because they're very expensive and I always have plenty of batteries on hand for remotes and such. The cell phone charger is a fairly recent invention which is targeted for backpackers and hurried travelers.
            <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
            X