Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realplayer bluescreen crash under win2k

Hi,

I'm using Matrox Powerdesk 6.82. When i try to play a realmedia file using realplayer, i get a bluescreen and then win2k reboots. it was something about a g400..something file error...how can i fix this? Am i forced to go back to the stoneage and use older drivers?

cmon

Nobody???? Cmon, help me out here! I got some Dragonball Z video's in realplayer i wanna check!

Comment

Does the blue screen gove any useful information?
      Have you tried looking for it on Microsfts web site?
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Well, i dont think Microsoft can do annything about it. I think this is a fight between Realplayer and the new Matrox Marvell G400 drivers. Here is a crappy looking screenshot. It's the best i could get (made it with a DV cam)

notice the g400dhm.sys file was mentioned.

Comment

Have you tried completely removing the Matrox drivers and reinstalling? I had a similar sort of crash albeit not with RealPlayer that went away when I did that.

Comment

Yes i tried that....it appears that if i have the DVDmax video-out feature disabled, that it does play the file without crashing...but when i want to see the video on my tv and enable DVDmax, i get the same crash again

Comment

Ok i solved the problem by going back to display driver version 5.33 Everything works fine now. Besides, the control panel from version 5.33 is better aniway. You can choose between the 3 dualhead modes more easily then in the new version aniway.

Comment

Working...
              X