nVidia "Test"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nVidia "Test"

I put a Visiontek Xtasy in my machine a few hours ago for testing. Unfortunately I cannot comment on the picture quality as the card seems to be non-functional. Shall have to get RMA from mwave.com for this client.
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

I recently got a PNY Verto Ti 4400 and it's picture quality is excellent at least @12x10 and below.. My main monitor is Samsung SyncMaster 757NF.

One weird thing about the card is that somehow it always boots with the (analog) flat display, whether it is connected to the VGA connector or the DVI-I one..
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Denty,

Is it a GF4 MX? If so, it may never work for you. I can't run them in my machine - many people can't. nVidia is on the verge of having a full-blown scandal on their hands, when their cheap cards don't run but the $400 ones do.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Nope, it is a GeForce4 Ti 4600 with 128MB RAM with VGA and DVI connectors as well as VIVO. Doesn't work in my Abit KT7 or the client's EPoX 8KHA (AMD DDR Chipset) mobo. The client is the 12 y/o son of one of my regular clients and he just about had a fit. This should have replaced his AIW Radeon which was problematic under counterstrike.
        [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
        Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
        Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
        Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
        Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
          Denty,

Is it a GF4 MX? If so, it may never work for you. I can't run them in my machine - many people can't. nVidia is on the verge of having a full-blown scandal on their hands, when their cheap cards don't run but the $400 ones do.

- Gurm
          how about a Link?
          Sounds interesting....
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

nVidia wouldn't be responsible. the card manufacturers would.

Comment

Except that almost everybody implements the nVidia reference design. And who's to say it isn't a chip issue, rather than a board design issue?
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Especially for the MX versions.

Every board is an nVidia-designed board.

- Gurm
                The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Not every board uses the nVidia reference design.

Comment

Like? Canopus is about the only nVidia maker that has a history of going off the beaten path.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

ASUS & ELSA, also I believe that Gainward has as well.

edit: Hercules/Guillemont too.
                      Last edited by bsdgeek; 7 April 2002, 16:33.

Comment

Incorrect. Hercules/Guillemot are all reference designs. Guillemot USED to do their own designs... not any more.

- Gurm

Comment

Ok, thank you for correcting me Gurm. But... my point still stands, not every nVidia card follows the reference design.

Comment

Your point was moot. Nobody ever said that they are all using nVidia designs.

Comment

I suppose I misunderstood what Gurm had said earlier.

Comment

Working...
                              X