No announcement yet.

Jedi Knight II & XP - Your Experiences.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Win XP and JK2 and it works fine, ive got a problem with my G400 Max but otherwise it works fine. Sometimes in multiplayer my system crashes.

Comment

I've got some major issues with it .... Still crashes back to the desktop no matter what I do and I'm using 2k.... Just a heads up, but I seem to be the only person with that problem.

-D
      "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
      --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Right. I think I've exhausted all the posibilities with this game. I@m going to have to wait for the patch it seems.

I have tried:
        Every driver released for the Kyro II in winXP
        The recommended-by-lucasarts driver in win2K
        The updated SiS AGP driver for the 645
        Vortex2, AC97 and no audio
        Fiddling with AGP apeture on mobo

The only way I can get it to get into the game proper is to turn off GL extensions. And then it will crash after a random (less than 2 mins) time.

I'm beat.

Anyone played the game on a SiS645 with a KyroII? Can anyone give me hope?

Uberlad
        -------------------------
        8 out of 10 women say they would feel no qualms about hitting a man.
        5 out of 10 referred to me by name.

Comment

Or I@ll flog it to someone who's still using win9X, where it rocks.
          Better flog me.

Comment

I have it running reliable on my computer XP kt133A/athlon1.4.

but I have noticed that when you change levels it *almost* locks up, it stops responding but a couple minutes later the level starts loading also loading new and saved levels takes alot of time.

on my brothers computer XP kt266a/athlon XP we used to get a lot of random lockups when playing most games directx or opengl.
            But since *upgrading* from XP to win2k all the crashes have disappeared.

Something worth noting, upgrading from win2k to XP seems more stable than doing a fresh install of XP for some computers

Comment

Nowadays I've been sadly having a hard time recommending any other brand than nvidia to anyone who's going to use his computer for gaming only. These kind of problems can always be fixed in one way or another (I do not have an nvidia board in my box) but the average user can't do it himself and will need help from someone who's in the know, and that's me.

And as the geforces are the "de facto" standard, there are also less problems involved with those in almost every game.

Comment

Game seems to work perfect for me well maybe its the new ICD because i just got the game 30 min ago and i got icd few days before. And the frame rates seem deasent if i had more RAM 192Mb not enough :-/ at 800x600x32 and everything at max it runs fine except for the frequent hard drive access.
                Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

I just applied the new ICD to my system. I can now run with GL extensions turned on. I'm going to steadily increase my settings until I get to Nirvana.
                  Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
                  X