NVIDIA to improve 2D image quality on NV30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA to improve 2D image quality on NV30

Nvidia is working on this problem since the time of Geforce 3 TI 500 when we first time urged them to do something about this and we saw nice progress on Geforce 4 TI cards and learned that the real improvement will come in NV30 where engineers will pay special attention to this problem.

The company realises that the problem comes from some of their 15 or more partners who still have the freedom to use capacitors, resistors, RF filer parts or any other small component when making that Geforce cards. Some use cheap low quality components, you'll be horrified to learn.

Nvidia's answer to this problem is that with the NV30 it will start a new quality control process where it will make strongly encourage its partners to use the same parts that Nvidia uses for the reference design.
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

The same inferior parts nVidia uses for the reference design?

Yay! Now we can have CONSISTENTLY bad output.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

We're now posting stories from websites such as www.theinquirer.net? Next you'll be telling us to believe everything the government tells us.

Comment

I still love my G400 card.

I would like to see Nvidia actually improve their video cards. I kept my G400 in a box because of its awesome 2D quality. I wonder if Nvidia can make it clearer than Matrox's cards. Hmmm!
        Ant @ The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx)

Comment

We're now posting stories from websites such as www.theinquirer.net? Next you'll be telling us to believe everything the government tells us

Well that is the site where most of the anti MS boys get their stories from and in those cases they claim all the information is gosspel.
          It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
          Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

Originally posted by Paulr
            We're now posting stories from websites such as www.theinquirer.net? Next you'll be telling us to believe everything the government tells us

Well that is the site where most of the anti MS boys get their stories from and in those cases they claim all the information is gosspel.
            That does not make it reliable. I don't believe them either. I have only seen a few post like that anyway though I do actively try to avoid the zealots.

Comment

The Inquirer is second only to The Register in my book entitled:

"Gurm's Long List of Lying Losers".

However, since the Register recently has MOSTLY reported factual news, I'm tempted to move it down a notch...

- Gurm
              The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
              I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
              I would still get screwed

Comment

Really? I always thought the Inqurirer was worse. I can just imagine a headline~~~~~~~~~

Firemen put out burning bush. Local church outraged.

Comment

That was really my point
                  People rate stories as long as it suits their needs.

The anti-MS boys are very happy to quote from both The Register and The Inquirer on every single "story" they run and then tell us that it must be true, M$ Suxxor!!
                  Then, something along these lines appears and suddenly both those sites are the lowest of the low!

If you are here in the UK you'll be very familiar with the newspaper "The Sport".
                  Now, take the stories that appear in this paper, add them to the stories from the above named sites, throw into a bin and set fire to them - problem solved!
                  It cost one penny to cross, or one hundred gold pieces if you had a billygoat.
                  Trolls might not be quick thinkers but they don't forget in a hurry, either

Comment

I prefer to quote pages like EE Times, the LA Times, Washington Post or Wall Street Journal for my anti-Intel posts. It's not like there's a shortage of accurate info to draw on

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                    X