Buying on line do companies want to know about faulty goods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying on line do companies want to know about faulty goods

Title says it all but since we can't vote for more than one go for your worst case.
    Contacted the company and got refund / replacement
    0%
    Contacted the company and had to argue
    0%
    Contacted the company and was ignored
    0%
    Contacted the company and had to threaten court action to get the problem solved.
    0%
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I've had it all happen, but I've got to say that any time UPS is involved, you're in for a hard time. It took me 2 months to get them to fix my computer when they broke it. They "had no records of my complaint" 3 times, before I had to ask where my lawyer should call. Even then they stalled.

Now I go FedEx whenever possible, and I also have my stuff delivered to work. HP is one of FedEx's biggest customers, and they tend to get stuff here in one piece.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The thing what pisses me off most is all the credit card companies advertising that says if you got aproblem call us and we'll tell em where to go.
      This boils down, well it does with Barclay card anyway and if any Barclay card directors would like to comment I will copy it and paste it back to them, is you are only covered when you've got it down in writing that the company will refund against your card.
      If it isn't you got to chase it up yourself, funny the adverts don't say that. I'm quoting Barclay card over this by the way.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I try to deal with the same companies all the time, and I generally haven't had any problems...
        I mainly shop with Mwave, GoogleGear, MemoryMan, and Crucial directly
        Mwave shipped me a bad HDD once, sent another next day air with a shipping label in the box for the defective unit to be shipped back to them... Very pleasant experience, Very proffessional...

I never shop at *the* cheapest place, you never get the best service there...
        Craig
        1.3 Taulatin @1600 - Watercooled, DangerDen waterblock, Enhiem 1046 pump, 8x6x2 HeaterCore Radiator - Asus TUSL2C - 256 MB Corsair PC150 - G400 DH 32b SGR - IBM 20Gb 75GXP HDD - InWin A500

Comment

I've generally been very lucky. I had to swap my 8500 with E-Buyer which took a while because they had a christmas backlog and by the time they looked at the card they were out of replacement stock. Still, the 8500LE I returned came back as a full 8500 so I'm not complaining

I have to congratulate Matrox I just RMA's my G400, which was nearly 3 years old. I got a refurbished replacement 8 days after posting. I was lucky as I just happened to be in when UPS knocked on the door. Anyone seen the size of their electronic delivery note pads you have to sign? Huge!

T.
          FT.

Comment

Recently I've purchased from the following online retailers and had NO problems at all;

1. BUY.COm
            2. PCMall
            3. Ulead (software)
            4. ASHAMPOO (software)
            5. SOFT4U (software)
            6. Avantrix (backup tools)
            7. CompUSA
            8. Circuit City (order online, pickup at store)

Dr. Mordrid
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

When I bought my last Monitor, it was first brought to Berlin (My home address), then correctly brought to Bielefeld (delivery address)... but the delivery guy forgot to make me pay for my Monitor - that's over 450,- EUR saved

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I even have had no problems with Scan

Hardware companies I've used with no problems within the last year or so:

Tony - I've heard a million and one nightmare stories with EBuyer! I'd never buy from them

Comment

Microdirect - Couple of years ago I bought a Seagate 4.3mb SCSI disk which failed just inside of a year. I RMA'd it and didnt hear much for 3 weeks. Phoned them, spoke to a tech who said "We've been waiting on Seagate to send us a replacement, but it looks like they've stopped making them." So they sent me a 10gb IBM of the same value in replacement.
                  EBuyer - Bought an external SCSI cd rewriter, which turned out to be a pile of pants. RMA'd it with "Replace for different item.", but as I didnt specify what item I wanted it replaced for, they sent me out the same thing again. RMA'ed that and got the right stuff sent back, no questions asked.
                  Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveC
                    I even have had no problems with Scan

Hardware companies I've used with no problems within the last year or so:

Tony - I've heard a million and one nightmare stories with EBuyer! I'd never buy from them
                    Scan even managed to make pcplus mag for there bad tech support.
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The way eBuyer work as far as I can figure out is the say they have three warehouses so if you order multiple items they could come on separate deliveries. What I reckon is they use three distributors and place the order with them when you order getting them, of course, to ship to their customer direct, i.e. you. The advantage of this is they don't have to keep any stock or have to worry about shipping goods out, in fact almost all of it can be automated so they need very little in the way of staff. Problem comes is if there's a fault with an item you have to send it back to them who in turn send it back to their supplier which can cause delays/problems.

Of course I could be completely wrong about this but this seems the most likely way in which they work.
                      When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Overclockers.co.uk are another group that can funny over technical problems as well. They went quiet deaf over my request to rma my Abit KT7 133A. They also made PCPLus for bad customer service as well.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I remembered the other day that I once bought an item from Simply and got shipped the wrong one.
                          It was a TMC TVGA motherboard. They shipped me the wrong TMC mobo, but as it was a better model and cost another £30 I didnt complain too hard!
                          Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Working...
                          X