Dell P1130 21" Sony Trinitron monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell P1130 21" Sony Trinitron monitor

A retailer over here will have a special one-day-only offer for the above monitor: 530 euro, which is a steal over here for a 21" Sony Trinitron FD tube (they go for ~1000 euro normally). I'm really tempted to get it... not that I need a new monitor that hard, but I've got the feeling that I would really sorry afterwards in case I didn't get it.

According to the monitor specifications from the Dell site, the monitor carries a similar tube as the Sony F520, but without all the accessories like BNC or USB hubs (though it does have dual DB15 input with a one-touch selector button for it on the front panel).

My question is: does anyone think it would be a bad idea to get it, considering the price, or do you think it's a steal and that I should get it? I tried to find reviews on it online, but can't seem to find any that compare it to similar ones from other brands.

The monitors are brand new and have one year warranty from Dell.

Im considering to uprade to a sony f520 myself, so i think you should go for it. I would.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Dell monitors are usually rebadged Sonys. They are good monitors, but Dell monitors are usually only a good buy if you get them at the "discounted" price when you buy them with a system, otherwise they are very expensive.

A price drop like that on Dell components is kind of rare dZeus. Make sure it's not refurb or open box, but then go for it.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

If everything is clear and you won't get it direct it to me...pleeeeaaasee!

You probably know by now that I think you should get it.

Comment

Well did you get it? If so let us know what its like! Sweet I bet!

Oboy
          Time to make the wafers!
          Oboy Inside!

intel P4 2.26 @ 2.957Ghz

"Life isn't like a box of chocolates...it's more like a jar of
          jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow."

Comment

unfortunately I couldn't find any means of transportation to the shop (and back, including the 30kg monitor), so too bad

Comment

Oh, well.. maybe you should save that money and get a car first, then.

Comment

Working...
              X