No announcement yet.

Upgrade Suggestions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've witnessed very weird behaviour on ECS K7S5A boards... the BIOS would often not detect a BTC DVD drive (and everything on the same IDE channel as the BTC well). Not that I think that BTC drives are worth anything better than to be thrown in a garbage bin, but the ECS board is the first one to show this behaviour. I haven't tested the drive on other brand SiS boards.

The ECS board also is very picky with el-cheapo SDRAM/DDR DIMMs. I'm not sure if this is due to the SiS chipset or the lack of proper combatibity testing over at ECS (they got to be shaving costs on something, right? ).

Comment

I haven't had any problems with my GF ECS K7S5A board with the el-cheapo memory I put in it but then again it was PC100 stuff and not DDR memory
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

/me slaps BTC about a bit.
        Meet Jasmine.
        flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Re: Damn you

Originally posted by rugger
          Your making me nostolgic again!

If only intel could release another BX They were really solid workhorse machines. Never complained, or even twitched.
          Some of us are dreaming to be nostalgic...

MadScot
          Asus P2B-LS, Celeron Tualatin 1.3Ghz (PowerLeap adapter), 256Mb PC100 CAS 2, Matrox Millenium G400 DualHead AGP, RainbowRunner G-series, Creative PC-DVD Dxr2, HP CD-RW 9200i, Quantum V 9Gb SCSI HD, Maxtor 20Gb Ultra-66 HD (52049U4), Soundblaster Audigy, ViewSonic PS790 19", Win2k (SP2)

Comment

Odd...I have a friend who has one and he's never had a problem with it, esp. in XP
            So, there's no problems in other OSes...and especially none in XP? I smell...
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
            X