Comanche 4 (take 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comanche 4 (take 2)

Just posted a thread about this, but nevermind!

I was wondering why Comanche 4 runs quite poorly considering it doesn't look <I>that</I> advanced - the textures aren't very detailed, and most objects seem to have a relatively low polygon count.

maybe it's just badly coded...

imho, just like the windows port of GTA3 and Carmageddon (well it was just playable with a Voodoo2, but software renderer sucked bigtime compared to other games at the time).

Comment

Most reviews I've seen said that More power CPU made a bigger difference then a Faster Video card...guess it shows its a shittly programed game...

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Out of interest, does a PIV thrash an Athlon or vice versa?

Comment

In general:
          P4 beat athlons in Q3A
          Athlons whips P4's in UT
          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Originally posted by Technoid
            In general:
            P4 beat athlons in Q3A
            Athlons whips P4's in UT
            I meant in comanche 4?

Comment

Is GTA3 slow? Damn, was gonna get that. Maybe once P graces me.

P.
              Meet Jasmine.
              flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

GTA 3 is plenty fast with a 1.4 tbird and geforce 3. Hell I can run it on my p3 800 + G400 machine fine also, albeit at a lower rez.

Comment

GTA3 is ok on my G400 + dual PIII 1000 (likely a tad slower than a single P3... argh) You'll just be stuck at 640x480. 800x600x16 & 640x480x32 are almost there (playable, but a little chop once in a while), so maybe with a MAX they'll be ok.
                  You probably will have to muck with things a bit to get it to work well. I had to decrease my AGP aperture (I'm using win2k) to way below recommended levels. 16 or 32MB seems to work well.
                  Bastically GTA3 is poorly coded. Not as bad as Everquest (wtf is with one viewing mode being locked in 640x480?), but it's pretty horrible compared to something slick like UT.
                  Mike

Comment

The early games in the Comanche series used what they called "voxels" (3d pixels or something like that), because 3D cards weren't to prevelant. If they kept using voxels then it would make sense that a faster CPU would do better than a better vid card, cause nothing is really done by the video card.
                    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
                    X