Outlook XP Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xortam
    That's not related Bud. AutoPreview automatically brings up the first few lines of a selected message.

P.S. Actually, it previews all messages in your view pane.
    Damn....well, then you got me. Heh...it's kind of funny because it seems to be such a simple issue, yet there seems to be no fix for it. Oh well, what do you expect, it's Microsoft...
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Actually Outlook XP has a few major issues that, sadly, require a reinstall. You MAY need to reinstall Outlook Express as well (since Outlook uses it to send/receive mail.)

Bizarro, huh?

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      If only life were as easy as you
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy [MU]
        I only get that if i minimise outlook to the systemtray using a registry hack.
        I do have the hack enabled... I'll see if disabling it solves the problem.

Comment

Paddy, that was it. For some reason it didn't do it when I had initially started using the hack. Oh well, guess Outlook stays in the taskbar!

Thanks guys.

Comment

TheBat! all the way.
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

That's sad that you have to use a registry hack for such a simple issue. I wonder why they don't have any documentation on a fix in the KB. I couldn't find anything about it in the KB.
              System Specs:
              Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
              May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
              Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
              And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
              just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
              For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Working...
              X