No announcement yet.

Radeon 9700 & 9000 launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem is that most sites seem to have there own preferance and tend to be biased. They also tend not too pick up well known bugs. Look at how many good reviews Abit got with their earlier Via offerings when it was well known that they were unstable.
    I feel that you're still better looking at forums to see what users are saying there then just believeing reviews. If I'd popped over to Viahardware forums I wouldn't even have considered the Abit Via solution.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I know! I was very, very close to buying an ABit KT7 at my last upgrade, but plumped for an Epox mainly because it had an extra DIMM socket and it had scored very well on several sites reviews.
      Reckon I had a lucky escape!
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I've got two epox boards however theres a question over the caps used on the board. Fingers crossed that I will be okay. There also seems an issue using lcd and DVI inputs on epox and radeon combos.
        Ati say it's Epoxs fault and Epox say it's Ati's fault.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

The 9700looks very interesting to me.....
          It has some very complex PS and VS, as does the NV30.
          A fully programmable GPU, (think EMU-1k01 SBLive! Chip) which could cope with most of the IQ problems by doing most of the work through the shaders. Just about anything could be programmed into hardware...
          Hardware DivX encoding anyone?
          PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Hardware DivX encoding anyone?
            Now that would be wicked.

Comment

Working...
            X