Marvel G400TV and Matrox RT.X10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel G400TV and Matrox RT.X10

I was wondering if the Matrox RT.X10 had DVDMax? I'm thinking about replacing my G400 with it so I can get a separate AGP video card. But I still want to be able to open videos in different players and see the video full screen on my tv. So thats why I was wondering if the Matrox RT.X10 had the software to handle this. I read that it outputs the video to the tv WHILE EDITING. So I'm not sure it'll get the job done for what I want.
    Any info on this would be appreciated!

---------------------------------
    -AJ Jaffery
    {LightningCount}
    webmaster@animeheadquarters.com www.animeheadquarters.com

The RT.X100 has an onboard G550 chip for exporting composite & S-Video in addition to filtering the cards composites and effects, but it's not useful for DVDMAX. It exports its own DV timeline and nothing else.

I believe, however, that if your new display were a G400/450/550 or Parhelia their DualHead features *should* be usable, including DVDMAX. This way HDD resident footage rendered to MPEG & other formats should go out to analog displays.

Another way to recycle your footage is available though: export it from the G400-TV to VHS then re-capture it using the RT.X100's analog input.

I've done this with previously recorded footage myself and it works pretty darned good if the source itself is decent. The recaptured footage would be DV, realtime editable and exportable in realtime from the RT.X100's timeline.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 August 2002, 18:45.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
    X