How did you manage to do that!!!

Comment

i shorted one vcore bridge
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Sorry to here that

So do you have a "mechanical sample" a "key ring" or a "hocky puck"

Comment

i wanted to make key ring out of it, but then i dremel'ed my anger out of this mofo

but there is good news. got myself a xp1600+ now, and it seems i got a miracle stepping (AGOIA 4)! running at 1575/150FSB (1900+) at the moment and the temperature only climbed 5C (to 55C) from 1600+. The 1800+ i killed yesterday was at 65C at default speed (which is normal in my case).
          This is at default voltage, now the only thing i need is a MSI 745 but they dont seem to sell them anymore

Comment

Thats strange??? (that thop can't get his hands on a msi 745 )
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

They're not selling them, places seem to be clearing out for the 746 boards. I checked out newegg.com, where I got my board, and they don't seem to have 745s either.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

This is exactly the case. Most everyone is ramping up to produce & ship mass quantities of the SiS 648 P4 and SiS 746 Athlon boards.

If VIA thinks they have problems now they're in for some real trouble in Q4

Dr. Mordrid

Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Too bad The MSI 745 just looks sooo overclocker friendly. 1Mhz step FSB, DDR Voltage etc. - now when will the 746 arrive?

Comment

The Asus A7S333 isn't a bad alternative
                    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Key point to make here as to why people like the MSI 745 Ultra is that Asus was late to implement this chipset and MSI has by far the best implementation to date... especially if you OC.
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

yes it is :/ no vcore adjustage, only a few FSB settings etc.

Comment

Ok maybe I should have put that a different way If you need a board now and you can't get an MSI one then out of the available choices i.e. Asus A7S333, ECS K7S6A, or a VIA based board I'd say the Asus board was the best choice
                          When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Working...
                          X