Un-installing VIA drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Un-installing VIA drivers

As above, is there any way that VIA drivers can be fully uninstalled? I have changed from a via-chipset based MB to a sis-based MB (Asus A7S333) and would like the system to be VIA-free
    Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
    ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

iirc when you execute the 4 in 1 pack, you have an option to uninstall!

Comment

Since you changed motherboards, why not just do a system reinstall? Doesn't that tend to be more stable?

Comment

But a pain in the ass when you've got loads off stuff to reload.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I cant find the VIA uninstall.. but it is more or less expected,like what PIT said there is too much stuff in the pc so i dont want to miss anything, I'll see how it goes and most probably re-install windows
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP

Comment

One thing you can do is download the 4 in 1's again and then run setup and should get the option to uninstall then.
            If you're running win2k you can also go to the device manager and you may find some via crap hiding under hidden devices. Uninstall those as well.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Done... thanks guys!! The Asus A7S333's onboard sound was giving problems.. once i removed the via stuff, the sound was so good to hear --> clear with no distortions, getting amazed with what they are doing with sound chips nowadays, I dont need an SBLive after this as i only listen to music and play games on that system.

Comment

Working...
              X