Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K7S5A settings/tips?

Hi

I'm about to assemble a system for a friend based on the K7S5A. It will be an XP 1700+, 512MB PC2100, LiteON 40x CDRW (no 24x available), Liteon 16X DVD, 375W PSU, probably an 8500 or 8500LE running XP Pro.

Any suggestions/tips/need-to-knows for this setup? I know many of you out there are great fans of this board.

TIA

Tony.
    FT.

I've set up one of these with a Duron 900. IIRC there isnt much there to set up.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Just a tip: be sure to use SiS AGP driver v1.9+ because winXP SiS AGP driver has issues with ATI cards.

It´s the only driver you´ll need, just use XP drivers for chipset and IDE, they are completely trouble free.

If you want some cool overclocking and memory tweaking abilities (not to mention 24 IRQs under NT kernel) go to www.ocworkbench.com and search for cheepoman modded bios.

Comment

Thanks guys. Nuno - I looked on the SiS site and all I saw was agp110.exe. Can that be the one?

Cheers

T.

PS I don't think I'll o/c it at all, especially as he lives quite some distance away: stability is king!
        FT.

Comment

Yes. After 1.09 the problem was solved, 1.10 being the latest release.

Comment

Don't use "Ultra" RAM timings - they're not much faster, but a little less stable.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Hmmm...... I've been running Ultra since the day I unpacked 'em....no problem using Crucial DDR266.

Dr. Mordrid
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Check out the ECS forum at www.ocworkbench.com

You should be able to find all you're looking for...
                Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                X