• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Set to Unveil Multi-Format DVD Drive

check the
    link

this could be a great deal
    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Sounds like a good idea to me, but as I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to DVD drives, can anyone tell me if these will be region free?

TIA

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by BarryS
      Sounds like a good idea to me, but as I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to DVD drives, can anyone tell me if these will be region free?

TIA

Barry
      Duh. Of course not.
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

actualy i think you set the region when you record.... or atleast you get a few chances befor the firmware locks it self to the last region used after a few times...
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

I suspect the latter option, 5x region changing seems to be normal (at least, in readers).
          Personally, I think this is stupid; if I were to need the ability to frequently read 2 regions, I'd just have to buy 2 readers to solve the problem...

Jörg
          pixar
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

fortunately you don't need a region-free DVD reader to watch DVDs from different regions.

or I should rather formulate that as: It's possible to watch movies from different regions on a region-locked (RPC-2) DVD player.

Comment

and there is always a way to crack the firmware .... to hell with the ppl who are trying to dictate what we can and canot do....

Comment

Working...
              X