New Audigy Drivers...FINALLY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Audigy Drivers...FINALLY!!!

For those that didn't have the phat pipe to pull the 370 MB Compaq Audigy drivers, www.SoundBlaster.com has FINALLY posted the new Audigy driver for Win2k/WinXP.

My system is down while moving and getting married, so I haven't tested them yet. Download weighs in at 12 MB...enjoy!

Shop online at creative.com for wireless speakers and computer soundbars, Bluetooth headphones, Sound Blaster sound cards, gaming headsets. Free shipping on orders over $35.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Whats this sucky download queue ??
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It works for me, but horribly so, I'm getting 2k/s It seems there's quite a bit of demand for the damn things.
      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Even better you can only download one file at a time. Crap if you've got a fast connection.
        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

So has anyone got any experience using them yet? Having recently done a clean reinstall of win2k, I just put the drivers (and the older patch) on for the Audigy - none of the other Creative rubbish. Then last night I got the stupid idea into my head (having put the 5.1 speakers back on this machine) that I should put some of that other crap (playcenter, audigy HQ, etc, etc) on - whatd'ya know? I start getting blue screens and crashes. Blimming Creative bloatware.

So anyway, back on topic after my rant - any experience with these drivers? Bugfixes? Stability?

Cheers

gnep
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

They're older and buggier than the Compaq drivers released a couple weeks back.

- Gurm
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            If only life were as easy as you
            I would still get screwed

Comment

how about compared to the January Creative drivers?

those has been working flawlessly for me...

are these new ones any better?
              <font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

Comment

no queues at the asian site.

Comment

Not only that, even a very good connection.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Comment

Creative are completely nuts about ther drivers

And that que is another nail in the coffin for their customerfriendlines
                    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

They may be nuts about their drivers but their sound cards still pack a major wallop....whoever isn't satisfied with Creative can get pretty good alternatives from Hercules or Philips, however these guys seem to release driver updates quite rarely. I've had Creative for 4 years now and even though they don't own the market like they did before, they're still the best in my opinion, both in price and features.
                      All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I am part of the Philips soundcards beta team and I can tell you their driver updates are far from infrequent. Public betas are released very frequently via www.3dsounsurge.com
                        Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

If you're part of the beta team, can you ask them why they refuse to release even basic programming specifications so that an ALSA driver may be produced? It's tiring having to only select from a very few manufacturers that will allow others to develop their drivers for them, for free (figure that one out)...

Comment

I have asked and the official response has to this date been no. I am as disgusted as you with their policy on that matter. The easiest way to get sound for linux with that card is use onboard audio for linux and the philips card for windows...
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X