MorrowMind,TI4200 and random lockups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MorrowMind,TI4200 and random lockups

Any of you chaps have any ideas on how to resolve this?

I am playing MorrowWind and usually get lockups every 30 mins or so. Although I have had similar problems with CS (havent tried it recently) , it usually takes an hour or two, and the symptoms are different I dont believe that the problem is due to overheating because I have a coolermaster case with 4 fans and an avg CPU temp of 53C. Setup as follows
    Winfast ti4200,
    Asus a7S3333,
    256mg DDR
    and Vivid XS soundcard all running under Win2K (sp2).

I also know that people have complained about the game being bugged etc and I have installed the latest patch (..062 I think). Would a bugged game cause a machine to lock?

Regards MD
    Interests include:
    Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Re: MorrowMind,TI4200 and random lockups

Originally posted by mdhome
    Would a bugged game cause a machine to lock?
    Hell yes. Had similiar problems not too long ago. Could play for half an hour or an hour and suddenly, the complete machine was locked; only the reset button helped out.

The reason for the prob was the SoundBlaster Live Player 1024. Replaced it with an Audigy, problem solved.

Rakido
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Yesterday I installed the latest Dets and so far so good. It seems to have improved the games stability.

Regards MD
      Interests include:
      Computing, Reading, Pubs, Restuarants, Pubs, Curries, More Pubs and more Curries

Comment

Working...
      X