ATI Hydravision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marshmallowman

The built by ATI driver's seem to support hydravision better.
    Wanna know a little secret...

Built By ATI drivers = Powered By ATI drivers

IF i choose XP drivers for Built by ATI 8500 and follow the links.. the file you download is this:

And if you check out Powered By ATI:

But most of us knew that allready, since catalysts are for ALL radeon cards, no matter WHO made them..

PeTe

Btw, ATI has the BEST support now. There are about 3-4 ATI personel in Rage3d.com forums posting what issues have been fixed and in what driver version the fix will it be in. Post a issue and you will get a reply of them that if they could repeat that issue in their lab.
    Last edited by PeTe; 6 September 2002, 02:00.

Comment

Originally posted by PeTe

Btw, ATI has the BEST support now. There are about 3-4 ATI personel in Rage3d.com forums posting what issues have been fixed and in what driver version the fix will it be in. Post a issue and you will get a reply of them that if they could repeat that issue in their lab.
      Whoa, thats waaay better than Matrox!

They only have one or two guys who come here, and they hardly ever show up telling us about all the bug fixes in the latest drivers.
      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Whoa, thats waaay better than Matrox!
        Maybe I should take clueless pills too.

They only have one or two guys who come here, and they hardly ever show up telling us about all the bug fixes in the latest drivers.
        First off, more than four showup here (you just don't realise it).

That's also because for whatever reason ATi doesn't have their own forums unlike Matrox. How many people do Matrox have supporting their products on forums all together... well it's certainly way more than the 4 you all claim ATi has. Besides can you blame them for not doing more on the MURC after hours (unpaid) when they're not affiliated with Matrox and when they do this all day long on their own forums? Lets not mention all of the BBz that hang here helping whoever may have a question or issue. Bottom line, ATi's support pales in comparison.
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe, I think you need to work on your sarcasm/irony detection skills
          "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

It's early... give me a bit
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I was about to point the same thing out CHHAS when reading down the thread... I guess it comes more naturally in this time zone!!!
              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Greebe, keep working on your wit...your half way there!

Comment

Damn, I thought we got rid of you. No such luck.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

jebus... afronaut is back...

this thread has officially gone down the tubes...
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Pete you are probably right now, but it was not allways the case.

I could not get theatre mode and some other features until I started using the built by ATI drivers and why do the built by ATI drivers refuse to install on some powered by ATI cards?, they can't be the same. Also the "how to install built by ATI drivers on other cards" thread at rage3d all about?

PS the only exception I have seen is that powered by ATI 9000 's seem to install the built by ATI's without a problem

Comment

Originally posted by RichL

Well, you do now.
                        Nope. Still don't. He's nobody, I said anyone.

Rags

Comment

The latest ATI drivers are in fact the exact same file for BBA and Powered-by-ATI cards - but this hasn't been the case before and probably will not be the case afterwards.

Normally built-by-ATI drivers only install on cards with an ATI-BIOS, if you have an OEM card with another manufacturer in the BIOS string, you'll get a "display hardware not supported" error. There are some ways to circumvent this, however, the best thing most often is to simply flash the original ATI-BIOS to the card.

.Some OEM powered-by-ATI cards even come with an original ATI BIOS installed from the start (like my XELO did), with those you can surely install all the BBA drivers as well.

I guess with the R9000 cards the situation is quite the same as it was with the R8500 at the start: many OEM cards simply are rebadged BBAs, thus having ATI BIOSes on them.
                          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                          My System
                          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                          German ATI-forum

Comment

Originally posted by Rags

Nope. Still don't. He's nobody, I said anyone.

Rags
                            Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Originally posted by RichL

Rags

Comment

Working...
                              X