No announcement yet.

SP1 anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and swish goes Mary Soft's skirts too...

doublebind...
    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
    Who cares?

Comment

Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

MS seduces you on one side and handcuffs you on the other.
        Who cares?

Comment

pink, fluffy handcuffs?
          Look, I know you think the world of me, that's understandable, you're only human, but it's not nice to call somebody "Vain"!

Comment

...if you push it, part the fluff, scratch the paint, you may find vanadium steel under there, but that's not the point.

Greebe, Doc & Co. have a point in seeing that MURC doesn't become a raving, frothing at the mouth personal or political battle ground, that's not what MURC is for. There's always PM, e-mail or somewhere else for that.

But just perhaps to summarize what I've been getting at here and there:

Computers are becoming more and more deeply integrated in everyones lives. Information, communication, work and amusement. On the other hand, computers, especially through Internet, become a means to dig and manipulate in people's lives, be it for business, spying, or just plain destructiveness. All can find justification for what they do, be it oh so obscure. Business has billions at their disposal, NSA is six times bigger than the CIA and Microsoft has the channels into homes, businesses, governments and everything in between. So if the channels are there, they can be used and abused by anyone clever and/or funded enough. None of it would be so bad, if those at the helm were mature, wise, intelligent and benign. But most simply aren't.

Let's just leave it at that...
            Last edited by mutz; 9 September 2002, 01:02.
            Who cares?

Comment

Working...
            X