Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new(ish) job, and the hardware nightmares ahead of me (lots of pics)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love having such a house. Damn it's beautiful.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, weren't Avanti's built on Camaro chassis?

Comment

Originally posted by RichL

Some sort of Linux Beowulf cluster running on IBM PC XTs?
        "We linked 63 IBM XTs together and got the equivalent processing power of my digital wristwatch..."
        I was thinking of stacking the towers together to make a house of some sort, then you plug them all together and make a Beowulf cluster that's slower than than an abacus!
        Titanium is the new bling!
        (you heard from me first!)

Comment

LOL, that guy actually believes something like "laser" really exists!

edit: Next thing he'll say is that the speed of light is constant HA!
          Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
          [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by JerryH
            If I'm not mistaken, weren't Avanti's built on Camaro chassis?
            I don't think so, since Avanti was around years before Camero was (Avanti started in '62 or '63, Camaro started in '67).
            My info tells me it is a complety Studebaker creation.
            Though it is possible the later ones, built after Studebaker went out of buiz, where on someone else's chassis.

Talked to the boss about them today. He still hasn't decided for sure, but is entertaining the idea of giving me the gold one, if I can get his maroon one running for him...
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Working...
            X