Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eeek files being constantly deleted from my hard drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeek files being constantly deleted from my hard drive.

I noticed that my recycle bin was being constantly filled up and NDD wouldn't run. The culprit being opware.exe which belongs to textbridge pro program. What the heck is it deleting and why should this program wish to do this I don't know.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

You should gather your stories......

Pit's nightmare with his new mobo!
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I shouldn't have put Textbridge pro 11 on then I wouldn't have the invisable file eater present.
      Just in case someones thinking virus hiding somewhere else clear so far.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Sounds like Disney or the RIAA has been at work again, righteously hacking into your computer and deleting files it thinks might possibly infringe upon their rights to control the air you breathe..

Comment

i had a similar prob when windows automatically dialed-up (thank god for that as if it was a permanent connection i wouldnt have noticed) to the net. the culprit was a windows system dll file msgsrv or something...a virus scan didnt help. i just looked for suspicious processes that were running and checked them.. there were a couple and removed them. It still connected but there no longer was any data transfer. A couple of weeks later my updated AVG scanner caught a trojan inside the dll file and cleaned it. Seems like the trojan just picks any memory-resident file and infects it so that it can call itself or its components when needed.

So Technoid How is my story *grin*?
          Btw your new avatar is cool but i prefer the old one.
          Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
          ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

Working...
          X