For those with MSI 745 Ultra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with MSI 745 Ultra

New PC Alert 4 is out and has HLT (like cpuidle Pro) support for the 745 chipset...

Direct DL

Enjoy!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Great!

Does it work good ?
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Isn't HLT supposed to be already integrated with NT4/2K/XP?
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

yes it is.
        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Works great, only problem is it doesn't autoload on bootup

That's what I was thinking Zokes but that seems not to be the case
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

HLT don't seem to work on AMD CPU's (those after K6-III).
            And when forced it made the computers slightly babanas if i remember correctly..
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Yup, I used to use Rain v.1.0 and when I upgraded from my Celeron 366 to Athlon 1.2 I got BSOD's until I shut it down. I tried configuring it to use a different CPu, but
              Last edited by ZokesPro; 26 September 2002, 10:41.

Comment

I've used cpuidle which is nothing more than GUI HLT and it's worked fine on AMD cpu's Athlon-XP's.

Comment

It depends on the chipset. For SiS 745, the ONLY programs that work right now are this new one and CPUIdle (beta of version 6).

That's it. Not RAIN, not any other proggy. They all fail on Athlons with SiS chipsets... except these two.

- Gurm
                  The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                  If only life were as easy as you
                  I would still get screwed

Comment

I don't really need an HLT command running anyways, I use my computer as a secondary heater to my bedroom at night since I sleep with the window open. That is my HLT!

The perfect temp for my room is about 15-18C.

Comment

The perfect temp for my room is about 15-18C.
                      Shoot I don't think it even gets that cold outside here in the dead of winter!
                      (Well maybe one or two days

Comment

Making the XP COOLER autoload on boatup!!

The HLT funtion is a separate .exe and can be added to the startup folder
                        "C:\Program\MSI\PC Alert 4\CoolerXP.exe"
                        was the default path on my swedish W2K

BTW:
                        it does affect HDD performence a tad....

Comment

Greebe: It's about 18C in the day and about 10-14C at night these days.

Just the right temp for me, and the colder it gets the colder my room the easier it is for me to OC my cpu and it also doubles as an HLT command. The program is called "Open Window".

Comment

Tech Suport:I want you to open a window
                            Customer: But it's in the middle of the winter!?!

Comment

ROFL!

Comment

Working...
                              X