No announcement yet.

ATI 9000 Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dscaler rocks. Is the latest version better than version 3. I no longer have my TV Wonder, would have been no use here I think.
    [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
    Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
    Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
    Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
    Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Re: ATI 9000 Pro?

Originally posted by hans2
      I've got an upgrade itch, and I'm thinking about swapping my beloved G400Max DH for a 9000 Pro. $92 gets me 128 mb. The reviews say the 2D is a snob's hair below the G550.
      That may be the case with bba cards but definitly not with the club3d radeon 8500le and 9000 series of cards that in my opinion have worse 2d iq then a old asus gfart1's !
      According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

2D of the Powercolor Radeon 9000 is horrible as well.
        "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

If you take a Radeon you should go with either a BBA (maybe overall the best choice), a Hercules or a Sapphire.
          But we named the *dog* Indiana...
          My System
          2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
          German ATI-forum

Comment

...or if you can find it...a Soyo...
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Dogbert's right on the software. It's poop. They came out with new drivers, but have the audacity to charge for them. Dscaler works without drivers and its quite good. I do have WDM drivers for the card though.

Comment

BTW, be mindfull that the 8500DV (64MB) is clocked lower than other 8500's. It's clocked at 230core/190mem, I think.

Comment

Powercolor

Originally posted by CHHAS
                  2D of the Powercolor Radeon 9000 is horrible as well.
                  2D of *ANY * Powercolor card I've seen is *HORRIBLE *
                  Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

Resurrecting an older thread....

How are the gigabyte boards? They seem to be one of the few 8500 boards with proper independent dual displays. The BBA, Hercules, & most others don't do that.

I think I'm holding off for a 9500 anyway. Should be a couple more weeks, comdex by the latest.

Comment

The BBA Radeon cards DO have proper DualView with two RamDACs.
                      But we named the *dog* Indiana...
                      My System
                      2nd System (not for Windows lovers )
                      German ATI-forum

Comment

Working...
                      X