No announcement yet.

Windows 2000 gurus!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You lucky person. I suppose you could have made a boot disk and renamed wscript.exe. I'm surprised it repaired it to be honest.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

No been there, I both renamed and removed the wscript.exe, but windoze just created a new one. So it didn't work very well...

I've also spent days in the windows registry including monitoring everthing that goes on there, but without success. I doubt there was anything that could be done in the registry.

But atleast I got it solved without a clean install, that's the important thing
      My system:
      | Athlon XP2600+ 2,4GHz@200FSB| Water Cooled Processor | Samsung 2x256MB PC3200 Ram (400MHz) | Epox 8RDA mb | Hercules FDX Radeon 8500 LE 128MB | Abit Hot Rod DMA/100 RAID controller | 2*20GB IBM and Western 10.2GB @RAID controller | Soundblaster 5.1 Audigy Player | Actima 6x/32x DVD-ROM, Samsung 12x/8x/32x CDRW | Logitech Force Feedback wheel | Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick | 550W water-cooled Q-TEC PSU | 278/278 kbit DSL internet connection | Windows 2000 Pro | My Homepage
      homemade watercooling in use,Pics on the homepage...

no more VIA, no more!

Comment

Reinstalling only W2K should be followed of reinstalling SP1 or SP2 (stay away from SP3), and reinstalling IE if you’ve had IE5.5 or IE6 before.
        In the future:
        If you have enough HD capacity on other physical HDD make Ghost backups as often you can and keep at least 2 of the latest Ghost files. (I keep a Ghost backup of the OS & the most common, important settings on CDs too)
        Newer Ghost allows just looking into your “.GHO” files, and you can extract single or multiple files from it, even the registry files just to compare with the wrong one.
        Ghost saved me from lots of pain and from wasting time with reinstallation of Win. It happend latest today with a d**n IBM HDD crash when I lost only 3 e-mails, which was not backed up.

Fred H
        It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
        ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X