No announcement yet.

w00t! Got a new monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's here folks and I'm very pleased.

Convergence is off by a tad toward the bottom of the screen but it's negliable.

BTW it has a DVI-A input which is pure analog. One of the Matrox supplied HD15 to DVI dongles works as a converter for the DVI input so I didn't need to buy an extra cable

FYI any one want to know the obscure DVI spec ie what is what in short form click here.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
      Well it's here folks and I'm very pleased.

Convergence is off by a tad toward the bottom of the screen but it's negliable.

Thats one thing that bugs me about larger monitors and I always notice it and starts bugging me after a bit. Does the monitor have top and bottom adjustment or is it a case of adjust in one place and send it out in another.
      It would be nice if more larger monitors offered finer controls and I wouldn't mind paying for it either. My NEC FE950 has top and bottom convergence adjustment and it's really useful.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Top, Bottom, Horizontal and Vetical convergence... and it's tweaked out now... very crisp display
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thats the way it should be.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I can't complain... this is an IBM refurbished monitor, factory sealed box with a 1 year warranty and appears brand spanking new in all ways...got it with shipping for a grand total of $335 USD

hehe delivery guy thought it was a whole system because of the box size

Comment

Working...
            X