No announcement yet.

Shitty cheap stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok It's just that many times these things aren't taken into consideration... like Transporting it from Taiwan to here is a boat ride away directly to our ports on the west coast where most of the computer parts come in from
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

The same chieftec case + a good PS cost at least $140. I know I have one.

But that's not an issue as everybody knows that people in swden have a bucketload of $€£!!!

I have expressed my feelings over the prices here many times before...

Comment

Atached the new pump and got it working with the usual "@£$€#¤%&"
        temps are slightly better...
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Just for fun I put together Arstechnica Hot-Rod and Budget Box from local stores. With God Box I was unable to get exact parts (Case, fans, fans controll, PSU, Mylex RAID controller, Tape drive and Monitors)

The Hot-Rod cost 133% of listed Ars prices, while the Budget Box cost 150% =~1000$ of listed Ars prices.

Also Koolance products, Chieftec and Antec cases, Enermax and Antec PSUs, round cables, flashing fans and window mods are considered just for enthusiasts (not that many here as in US) who are considered willing to splurge.

Take a look at some local pricelists. The . is digit divider, the , is decimal divider, 12.500 and 12.500,00 meaning 12000 slovenian tolars. The exchange rate is 1000 SIT = $4.29 US = €4.36EU or 233SIT = $1US or 229SIT = €1EU.

http://www.mlacom.si/cenik/cenik.htm the prices on right are with 20% VAT.

P4 2.0 = $248US
          Xeon 2.0 = $322US
          AthlonXP 2000+ = $149US
          AthlonMP 2000+ = $246US

Parhelia 128 Bulk = $465US
          G550 dual DVI = $144US

Nice bigtower Antec and Chieftec cases without PSU that I'm considering for my next upgrade are ~$100, nice ~400W range Enermax and Antec PSUs are ~$100 as well. I have certain connections so maybe I can get 10-15% lower dealer prices but still...

We have a nice selection compared to some other people though, so I can't complain.

Greebe, if you were working here in electronic repair shop you'd be getting $625/month with hi-school or $1250 max with college, 20$/hour if repairing at customers needing to pay all expenses out of that and I'd be hard to tell your wife: Honey, we'll be eating at your and my parents this month since I blew $429 for Watercooling setup.

It's not the shipping, it's the size of market:
          US = 290M people
          Slovenia = 2M people (similar else in Europe, EU will likely change this)
          Last edited by UtwigMU; 2 November 2002, 19:36.

Comment

Working...
          X