No announcement yet.

Shitty cheap stuff!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If there are any better all-in-one barebone solutions, I would like to learn about them. Not counting vaporphase cooling like Kryotech, Vapochill and Prometeia, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
      Pass on the Koolance there is far better stuff made
      Like what? I'm interested in water cooled systesm but I don't have the time or resources to build one from scratch.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

I think I will get my new pump and reservoir tomorrow.....

And this time it a pump that is not a submersible one....

Which makes all a lot easier.

The pump is an Eheim 1048 2,6Gallon/m (which is slightly better than 1,8G/m)

I checked around and the only thing that was available was a 60$ pump so I gave up and ordered
        Last edited by Technoid; 31 October 2002, 10:47.
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

That pump is overkill

This one is plenty (not to mention alot cheaper)
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Mayby so, but with the one I'm using now the pressure of the water when it hits the waterblock is low

And I have seen lots of "Custom vattercooling systems " that uses two of these pumps
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Greebe,
              The Pump you linked to is rated higher than the one I'm going to use

Single Unit Price: $17.65
              Qty+6 $16.38
              Part No.: PU16 - Maxi Jet Powerhead Pump, 160 GPH
              Weight: 2 lbs.
              The one Im using now is 118GPH

And the one I'm getting is 158GPH.

And it is much easier to atach hoses to it

Comment

Originally posted by luni
                Yuck

Yeah Zokes, there are Koolance systems in chieftec cases, those are much spacier, and look better too . Check it out.

http://koolance.com/products/ccs-a01/
                Hey sweet they have a few online canadian stores, usually there's one if not any at all! This is good!

Wow, 355$ that's expensive!

Comment

hm.....
                  Now the pump sound so bad that I cant have it on when I sleep......

It's good I'm going to replace it anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro

Hey sweet they have a few online canadian stores, usually there's one if not any at all! This is good!

Wow, 355$ that's expensive!
                    Yes, it is, but you get the case (which is not cheap), a good PSU, window-mod AND the most convenient and easy to use watercooling setup (imho of course). Its not a bad deal really.

Comment

Actually, that case IS pretty cheap. I just got it today for US$62 shipped.
                      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Yes, it is, but you get the case (which is not cheap), a good PSU, window-mod AND the most convenient and easy to use watercooling setup (imho of course). Its not a bad deal really.
                        Even so, I still could not afford it anytime soon.

Edit: It's a REALLY sweet case though, it'l probably be the next case on my list if I ever decide to change my case.
                        Last edited by ZokesPro; 1 November 2002, 08:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                          Actually, that case IS pretty cheap. I just got it today for US$62 shipped.
                          It costs around $100 where I come from

Comment

It costs around $100 where I come from
                            I'll second that.

Comment

Well you know there is a difference between US cut rate prices and full retail

I can run down the street and get that case locally, but it'll run me ~$100 +6.5% tax

Plus you're not seeing Wombat's total price... there's no tax on this but he also didn't add in the shipping cost.
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yes he did. I said $62 shipped It was $44 base.
                                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                                X