No announcement yet.

New case and PS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this the type: NB-EvolutionEQ (I find 2 types) ?

Do they come in pre-cut versions for the LianLi (I remember a company that mats pre-cut for the PC70, but I forgot the name) ? Or do you simply order the surface you need and cut it yourself ?

I don't seem to have that many vibration noises (apart from when my dvd-drive spins up), the most noise I have is from the hard disks spinning and seeking...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Pace: Scan.co.uk (I've used them before but am aware of their "sister" company Scancom's problems reported here We'll see this time.

Will report when I am up and flying again!
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by luni
        RichL: well, chieftec also produces full tower versions of dragons with 6 bays
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Well, if the Lian Li is too expensive, you might try the case I have used for several computers I have built, including my own most recent one.. an Enlight 7237. It has everything you want except the pullout motherboard tray, but it is spacious enough inside to not need it. You get 4-5 1/4 bays and 3 3 1/2 bays, and the 3 1/2 bay cage removes easily. there is also room for what I consider the essential mod: installing a 120mm fan in front. I ripped out the 80mm fan and plastic cage, put the 80mm in the back and the system speaker on the case floor. Then I went to town with a drill to aerate the front and installed the fan using 2" 6/32 screws, spacing it out with nuts so the case front will clear. Then you can cut out the bottom of the front plastic bezel at various points to ventilate. It looks stock, but really sucks air through it! You can get this case without p/s for 50 bucks almost anywhere. I got mine with the 340w Enlight p/s to serve til I can order a PC P&C.

Comment

I bought two sets of mats. Enough to thoroughly do the P70 and part of another tower. Don't know of any kits for the P70, I cut everything, which I prefer anyway.

The only kits I have seen are from Magic Fleece for the CS-601. Tests and locals I know say NoiseBlocker is the best.

I can hear the intake and exhaust fans, not loud, but from inside the box I hear nothing, three HDDs not at all. Of course the noises from the CD's and DVD come out from the front and around the tray.
            How can you possibly take anything seriously?
            Who cares?

Comment

Hi,

This is not an endorsement, but more of a question. I'm thinking about the a153 antec plus 1080amg-soho file server. It has a 430 w p/s. It is around 140$ in the sf, ca usa area. What do you think of this ? I will have 2 removable drives, 2 additional drives, a matrox rt .x100, etc. I'm adding 3 enermax fans. Will it suit wombat or I? Do you think it is a good p/s ? Thanks Nunchal
              asus p4 533 c P4 2.53
              4x512 1066 samsung Rambus Ram ( @533)
              120gb or 80 gb system maxtor (ata 133 ) ( removable caddie)
              240 gb ( with 8 mb buffer) raid-o
              250 gb (w/ 8 mb buffer) removable caddie ( plus 10 gb ghost,250 Gb,160 GB,40 Gb, etc)
              Sony Mutli Format DVD burner
              samsung 40x cdrw burner
              Santa Cruz Turtle Beach Soundcard
              Aardvark 20/20 soundcard
              Matrox Rt.x100
              Ati Radeon 9800 pro
              19" Nec Fe991sb crt / 17" Crystalscan / Tv monitor
              Antec Server case SX1040BII and 400 watt power supply
              Xp Pro ( sp 2 )

Comment

Might I dare suggest a colored Apollo from Chieftec ?
                It's not that big and it doesn't seem to have a slidable motherboard tray, though everything else seems to be easy to mount on it.
                details
                And it does have a more appealing price than the Lian Li's.

Comment

I went in and bought a Chieftec DX-01. It doesn't have a slide-out tray, but the rest of the setup looks pretty good. $62 shipped. The Lian-Li PC-62 looked perfect to me, but that would have been 3x as much.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Wow nice case, shitty Cheiftec doesn't ship to Canada.
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Thats no good to me, its upside down!
                      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Zokes, tons of people sell Chieftec. In my hunt I found it as Chieftec DX-01, Enermax FS710, and Antec SOHO something. I *think* it's actually made by an OEM called Chenming, not that you'll find it sold as that.

Newegg only had the "Chieftec" ones with side windows in stock. They still had the Enermax and Antec ones though, for example.

Trust me, you can find it.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Haven't we all been busy with our credit cards today

Comment

Not <I>that</I> busy. I only spent $110 total. Thanks to Greebe I found a good PS at newegg for $46 shipped (Allied 450W). I need a new power supply (currently underclocked to keep this system stable, too much load for my 350W), and a case is the last thing I need to build a second system out of spare parts.

Comment

Well, my MSI 745 arrived today, as did a nice fat 450W CTW PSU.

I think I'll be busy later on

Anyone else find this sort of thing more fun that playing games, or is it just me? (joking!)

Comment

...definitely not just you!!
                                How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                                Who cares?

Comment

Working...
                                X