No announcement yet.

Slashdot article/capacitor issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen the problem yet in Asus, Aopen and gigabyte motherboards I have seen and used. Although I have witnessed a few power supplies die, probably due to crappy caps.

So fingers crossed.
    80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

It's really not hard to change them... I've fixed loads of supposedly dead mobos that way. Got me some extra cash that way, hehehe...

Comment

I'm just hoping my 2 year old Abit time bomb doesn't go off before Xmas.
        I have an ECS board I'm going to swap it out with. Just won't have time to do it till then.

I have seen the light of the SIS chipset.

Comment

My Old Mans BH6 is still going strong....mine died last fall. It was werid though....I pulled it off line in September when I got my KG7 and had it sitting on the side for a month or two before I brought it up to my GFs place and went to start it up and nothing happened Oh well the good thing was I got some good SIS loving with her replacement board (ECS K7S5A) and I liked it so much that I got a SIS 745 to replace my POS KG7-Raid that liked to destroy my XP install after a week or so.
          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

I had a BH6 feign death a few months ago. No video, no PCI so no HDD, no AGP display, no POST....no nothing....or so I thought.

On an whim I put a very old PCI video card (2 meg generic) that had legacy VESA features. On power-up I got a text display prompting for a DOS formatted floppy containing a BIOS & BIOS utility along with a prompt to re-flash it.

I inserted the floppy, re-flashed the BIOS, restarted and everything went back to normal. It's been running fine ever since for a neighbor kid

Sometimes those old, dead boards.....aren't.

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 5 November 2002, 12:40.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

My BH6 gave up the ghost last summer => Bad caps
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

As soon as I boasted last week or so that my KT7 with all slots full was giving no problems, it started fuXx0ring itself. *&^%$#@! MSI taking their own sweet time to release their 746FX board. Should be shipping this off to London for Xmas to my GF hopefully. May change the mobo to an ECS K7S5A and dump this KT7 in the Wyre or Ribble or Thames. It probably belongs in the Thames come to think of it. Pity I don't have the replacement board on me, tonight is bonfire night after all, looking at a spectacular fireworks display outside my window at the mo. KT7 would be right at home amongst the other exploding bits. I guess I shouldn't complain too much, I got over 2 years out of it.
                [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
                Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
                Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
                Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
                Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
                  As soon as I boasted last week or so that my KT7 with all slots full was giving no problems, it started fuXx0ring itself. *&^%$#@!
                  My Abit TH7II-Raid is still running like a champ
                  WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
                  Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
                  HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
                  HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
                  Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
                  ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
                  Hauppauge Wintv #401
                  Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

Originally posted by AmSci

My Abit TH7II-Raid is still running like a champ
                    Bang.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Pop.

Both of my 2 Abit boards have now failed, so I sent my supplier a note to say that I don't want RMA, I want different boards, from another supplier.

After quizzing me about order numbers, part numbers and fault descriptions...today they finally offered me the solution: 2 RMA reference numbers for the boards. Hello? They specifically ask for all previous correspondance to be quoted in case a different operator deals with the email next time round. Just a shame they didn't read the first line of my first email.

Needless to say I've sent one back stating my original request, hopefully I can get something out of them. Otherwise it's RMA and hope to sell the boards.

P.
                      Meet Jasmine.
                      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Working...
                      X