No announcement yet.

Damn Links Toolbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, quickstart. Wasting resources with a memory resident program to start another program. Not preferable.

I gave up trying to find the registry entry. I delved into regions of the registry that were not meant for man, woman, nor beast. It is scary in there.

Edit:
    Are you using an Administartor or user account? Do your user accounts have permission to access the registry?

Comment

UtwigMU,

I have reduced the number of TSR's on my machine to the bare minimum. I shan't be adding an opensource bootloader. No no no.

- Gurm
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

Hmmm I don't know why but... I can turn Links off!
        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Gurm what version of IE are you using? I also have got the links bar switched off. I've got IE 6.0.26. Don't know what everyone (or for that matter you) are using. Again, I just right clicked it and turned it off.

J1NG

Comment

I'm having the same annoyance. It only appears though on windows that IE creates itself. And then not on everyone of them. I just got used to it.
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Thop:

Windows IE creates itself? (Microsoft finally got control of our computers or something? ) You mean pop-up? Or link opens in external window?

J1NG

Comment

Lets say: The ones i didn't ask for.
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

google toolbar offers basic popup blocking.

Comment

No no. Not "popups", but rather... for example, "You have a new private message at MURC forums, would you like to open it in a new window?"

THOSE windows. Or the "enter a phrase, hit search, and the results will appear in a new window".

I guarantee you that those of you who THINK you have links turned off, will still see it in those windows.

- Gurm
                    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

They are VBScript or JavaScript message boxes. Is that what you are referring to Gurm?

Edit: just re-read you Gurm. You mean windows that pop up as the result of actively clicking on a link that has just a plain "target=_blank" bit in the HTML tag, or even when you right-click on a link and select "Open Link in New Window"...

Nope, don't get the links bar in my new windows from those... using IE5 here.
                      Last edited by GNEP; 28 November 2002, 08:06.
                      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

GNEP:

Yeah, this seems to be an IE6 innovation. It was better for a while.

- Gurm

Comment

Fair enough.
                          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                            No no. Not "popups", but rather... for example, "You have a new private message at MURC forums, would you like to open it in a new window?"

THOSE windows. Or the "enter a phrase, hit search, and the results will appear in a new window".

I guarantee you that those of you who THINK you have links turned off, will still see it in those windows.

- Gurm
                            Well, actually no.

I almost always use Opera, but I did try this in IE (latest version on XP sp1) and I don´t get any links bar, so I guess I must be doing something wrong
                            (I noticed however that IE wants to connect to PayPal at every click. Opera doesn´t.)

rubank

Comment

Working...
                            X