Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WyWyWyWy
    I don't get it...

Since the actual rendering is done by CPU, why do you need the aboslute fastest card just to draw wireframes?

Would anyone enlighten me please... thanks.
    Alredy read the DigiLife articles! And as far as he prices are conserned the formula is = US price + 22% + the % of the reseller!
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

According to this page, Matrox has Solidedge drivers coming for the Parhelia: http://www.matrox.com/mga/workstation/3dws/home.cfm
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
        Because the rendering isn't done by the CPU, it's done by the card, just like in a game or whatever else. And there are an awful lot of wires in those wireframes.
        You are talking about in-the-view (sort of preview) rendering, right? Because as far as I know, the actual final pic/video is rendered by CPU, and that's what those big render farms are for.... no?
        P4 Northwood 1.8GHz@2.7GHz 1.65V Albatron PX845PEV Pro
        Running two Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD
        And of course, Matrox Parhelia | My Matrox histroy: Mill-I, Mill-II, Mystique, G400, Parhelia

Comment

Correct, you use the video card to make the interface for the software run at a comfortable speed. Here's a standard OpenGL benchmark for that type of application: SPECviewperf. I just love the way the HW companies make their drivers so that the "professional" versions won't run on the "consumer" cards without having to hack the cards bios or do wierd software tricks, especially when the cards are essentally identical.

Comment

Working...
          X