new keyboard & mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greebe
    Here's a good question(s) for you Buddman...

How well do you think the MX700 would work out for a person who is on a computer say 16 hours per day (sometimes more)? How long do the batteries hold up on a full charge and what is the recharge time from an inoperable state?
    If you use the stock batteries, the mouse will last about 2 days without recharing. But you can get better batteries that last much longer. But in short, just put the mouse on the charger when you don't use it, and you should be fine.
    System Specs:
    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

I've been extremely happy with my Logitech MX700...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I got the new MS office pro wireless keyboard and mouse.

It is very nice, ergonomic keyboard. Still have the batteries that came with in it(used for a month)

no lag playing games for mouse&keyboard, and it looks cool....reminds me of my old atari 600xl

Comment

i switched to logitech from my old IBM (you know those good bouncy key ones) keyboard. It's the internet navigator. although at first i dun like the no tilt, but now i am used to it and loved it. also i am using a cheap logitech optical wheelmouse. IMO it's comfortable and worths every penny they ask for. i stay on my computer for ~12hrs/day so... yup... logitech is for me (otherwise, the hard key ones are good too).

Comment

mine

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
              mine

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/ke.../wodp_info.asp
              mine SOON (TM)

Comment

I'd be using NiMH batteries so that's not a problem
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Greebe here are a few users reviews/threads from Ars forums in case you're interested.

Seems all were happy with their mice, except for a few problems. I'm using Logitech mice since '96 and I'm very happy and MX700 is on my upgrades list.

Weird Logitech MX700 problem
                  Logitech MX-700 locks up...wireless network interferes?
                  Logitech MX 700: A few questions for anyone that has one
                  MX700 Mouse Task Switcher
                  My Logitech MX700 (Cordless Mouse) Mini-Review.
                  Logitech MX700 cordless optical with charge station
                  Last edited by UtwigMU; 6 December 2002, 07:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                    I'd be using NiMH batteries so that's not a problem
                    Yeah, the stock ones with the mouse are rated at 1200, but like I said, if you get better batteries for it, you can make it last a week without recharging if you wanted. I'm still using the stock batteries and have been testing out how long the mouse can go without charging. It lasted about 65 hours, and I probably used it for about 35 hous within that time period (I took it to work, heh). I let a few other people use it as well though when I wasn't at work, so it was used for more than 40 hours I imagine. Was never put in the charger until it began skipping on me (which was yesterday after the 65 hours). That should give you some idea on how long it lasts though.
                    System Specs:
                    Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
                    May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
                    Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
                    And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz,
                    just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
                    For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.

Comment

Cheers all.. I'll check the links now
                      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

hmm... there was some report that the MX700 uses a frequency of 27Mhz the same as bluetooth. Now i do own some bluetooth devices and i wouldn't want any interference.

Can anyone provide any light on the subject?
                        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Check my links above.

Comment

erm all i can find is this:
                            Yes, it does use 27MHz
                            What does this mean? Will there be interference between the MX700 and my bluetooth devices?

Comment

Aren't bluetooth devices designed to work together - ie share the same bit of the spectrum but not interfere? Otherwise you could never have more than 1 bluetooth device in the house at once, which can't make any sense...
                              DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Hi!

I got my MX700 today. Works very nicely. But why did they place the sensor down to the left and not in the middle in the front....
                                AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+
                                Asus A8N-E
                                Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2
                                Asus Extreme GeForce N7800GT
                                Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 250GB
                                Lian-Li PC60
                                Windows XP Pro 64bit

Comment

Working...
                                X